PDA

View Full Version : No Start

Beedee
08-07-2004, 12:42
Went out to start the truck today, turned key on, waited for glow plug light to go out, turned over, started then quit. Thats all it would do. Went to town in mother inlaws car, came back 2 hours later and now it starts.
Truck has 100,000 Kilometers on it, never caused a lick of trouble.
Possible FDS???. :mad:
Not a warm day only about 20 degrees. Ran great yesterday, was a colder rainy westcost kind of a day. :rolleyes:
Any suggestions?
Once again thanks in advance.
Brian

Barry Nave
08-08-2004, 02:21
I would CK and start with the glow plug.
Test light,clip lead to + battery,pull glow wire and touch lite to term.
Most cases if lite does not light,Bad Plug.

Beedee
08-08-2004, 15:46
Checked the GP's, no problem there. Checked and cleaned the batt terminals and grounds on the engine. One batt term was a bit cruddy.
The truck hasn't caused anymore problems since yesterday. Did some reseach, could be the FSD, will see what develops before I go out and spend the bucks on a new one.

rjschoolcraft
08-08-2004, 17:10
Was this the first start of the day?

Beedee
08-09-2004, 08:50
Ronniejoe: Yes it was the first start of the day. Tried to start about 4 times before we used the other car. Haven't had a problem since, but it has made me a bit leary about going far from home now.

rjschoolcraft
08-09-2004, 13:47
Sounds to me like a connection problem to me. Mine has done similar funky things. Check connection at the starter as well.

DennisG01
08-10-2004, 06:53
Mine does that too, occassionally. Dealer diagnosed it as ignition switch (not where you put the key in). There is a built-in 10 minute reset period if it doesn't start. If it happens again to you, wait exactly 10 minutes and try again. Maybe this isn't the cause of your problem, but it sounds familiar to me!

Beedee
08-10-2004, 13:10
Thanks for all the help guys. Hasn't missed a beat since Sunday, and its been hot here (35 degrees c. really hot for my part of the world).
Didn't know about that timer, something new to remember (along with where I put my keys and glasses :D ).
Just about time for an oil change, when I get it into the shop, I'll get into the rest of the conections ect. Got to go, time for work. See if I can sweat out another 10 pounds today :D
Brian