PDA

View Full Version : stumble and shake

85-m1028
03-11-2006, 15:22
I had to turnup the idle to smooth out some of the vibration, I have noticed there is a slight stumble or miss happening at idle and really shakes when in drive. there is plenty of power off idle and almost zero black smoke and no white smoke, I'm thinking about new set of injectors or should I try maybe turning up the injector pump a 1/16 to 1/8 turn. If I put in new injectors would a bad pump kill them, "low pop output" any feedback or suggestions??

I would add that I dumped in a bottle of diesel kleen and that seemed to clear up the stumble quite a bit, there is no air in the system I have clear return lines installed, fast idle usualy runs for about a minute or two when cold and always starts right up, very little blowby when running, the idle right now is set at about 800/850 rpm fast idle 1000 rpm ? <-guessing

BobND
03-11-2006, 18:28
"Turning up" the IP 1/16TH or 1/8TH turn will have NO effect on idle quality, as the fuel rate adjustment only affects max fuel rate, and you're nowheres near that at idle.

85-m1028
03-14-2006, 18:04
"Turning up" the IP 1/16TH or 1/8TH turn will have NO effect on idle quality, as the fuel rate adjustment only affects max fuel rate, and you're nowheres near that at idle.

thanks for the input I wont bother with turning it up then