PDA

View Full Version : Holy braking power Batman

TurboDiverArt
12-02-2004, 02:52
Hi All,

Just a quick note. There was nothing wrong with my brakes on my Suburban. No squeaking, would engage the anti-lock when stepped on, stopped with the trailer fine, etc. The previous owner about 30K-40K miles ago had replaced the brakes and the brake pad scraper had at least an 1/8-inch so they were OK. The only thing I had noticed was that after only 2500 miles I had to readjust my rear brakes by about 6-7 clicks. I thought this was a little excessive. My thinking was that I might be having excessive pedal travel forcing the rear brakes to engage harder and causing more wear than I

Billman
12-02-2004, 03:40
I prefer the Napa Ceramix. Is that what you're talikng about?

Excellent stopping ability.

TurboDiverArt
12-02-2004, 15:55
Originally posted by Billman:
I prefer the Napa Ceramix. Is that what you're talikng about?

Excellent stopping ability. When I asked there were only 3 choices available. The NAPA by me is the regional distribution warehouse so I'm pretty sure they would have everything that's available. I have yet to go there and them not have what I need and I've asked for some pretty screwy things for my racecar in the past. He said there were Economy, OEM equivalent and the severe duty pads as options. I believe these are the same as the Bendix severe duty, which are used on the cop cars and other heady duty vehicles. Some have said that the Bendix ones are ceramic but I'm not sure. All I know is that they stop very well.

I got an email from someone on another board that's had them on their 1-ton for about 8 years now with little to no wear and still stop very well.

I had put the same pads on the front of my racecar and they stop extremely well. Earlier this year my buddy and I compared stopping power, he won. We crossed the finish line at about the same time and I hit my brakes very hard, so did he. He stopped somewhat faster but he cheated by pulling his drag chute as well. Even with that, I stopped pretty damn fast. From a racing standpoint I don