PDA

View Full Version : wiper control problem

David J3
03-09-2006, 06:31
Long time member, first post.
Gentlemen, My 03 HD 2500 truck is having a problem that I'm hoping someone else has had. Sometimes the wiper motor will go from intermittent to on all the time. It then will not shut off, even if I shut the truck down. It's either low or high, no intermittent or off. I've pulled the fuse,no luck, wiggled the signal stalk, no luck. I can't say that it's only in the rain, as I haven't tried it otherwise. please help.
David

fgrubbs
03-09-2006, 15:17
New member 1st post. My 95 had the same problem. Replaced the wiper motor and the problem was solved. Then found out the next week that there was a recall on the wiper motors. Carried my reciept to the dealer and was reimbersed for the cost. I am not sure if the 03's were included in the recall or not you might want to check though. I also believe that there is another post on here covering this.

VA_Dmax
03-10-2006, 03:51
I have also had that problem. I have found that this long and frustrating process stops the problem, at least until it rains again in 2 or 3 months:
1)turning off the truck and pulling the fuse
2)restarting the truck
3)turning off the truck again
4) putting the wiper fuse back

I didnt know there was a recall though, I may take it in for service if that is the case.

SoTxPollock
03-10-2006, 11:29
You know I don't know how the newer ones are controlled but on my ole93 dully they had to replace the circuit board that was mounted inside a case in the wiper motor. It was the control for the wiper motor. The guy told me it was a common thing back then, the original board was too thin and couldn't take the abuse. All the replacements were made thicker so they wouldn't flex and cause a break in those little circuits. Got me wondering now what controls the wipers now, probably the ECM, but like I said I don't know, but will have to look that up.

David J3
03-10-2006, 15:16
I got to talk with my GM mech, and was informed that for 03, the module mounted on the wiper motor is bad. Just unplug and re-install a new one. He is not aware of any futher warranty recall.
Thanks for taking time guys.
David