PDA

View Full Version : Production figures and stats for the 6.2

aloharovers
03-08-2006, 01:39
I know that the board title says 1982-93 but I am wondering how long after 93 gthe 6.2 was still put into vehicles.
Any ideas on numbers?

A friend in California is interested in doing a diesel swap in their Rover but must deal with the engine cant be older then the vehicle BS. They have a 94.

Thanks

Pete

john8662
03-08-2006, 13:22
93 would be pushing it.

What's the casting on the 6.2?

If it's a '599 6.2 then you could just tell them it's a 6.5, because at least the casting number would elude to that time frame.

Maybe a bread/box van chassis could have had a 6.2 in it. But they only made the 6.2 up till 93.

wthif
03-08-2006, 15:44
They will not be able to tell what year the engine is unless you tell them. They all look the same. I doubt they have block casting numbers on hand and I also doubt they will be able to read it when the engine is installed in the vehicle.

Also I'm interested in doing a diesel conversion in California, where did you find this information? Also how hard is it to get a vehicle registered as diesel that was once gas?

DmaxMaverick
03-10-2006, 20:07
.....Also I'm interested in doing a diesel conversion in California, where did you find this information? Also how hard is it to get a vehicle registered as diesel that was once gas?

CA is a piece of cake, going from a gasser to Diesel. Just do it, and visit the DMV with the vehicle. Apply for a modified title, and say goodbye to smog checks. In CA, the year of the engine doesn't matter for non-smog's.

I'm sure other states are different, but your DMV will have an answer for you. Some states can be anal about it, but for some reason (???), CA doesn't care.

wthif
03-11-2006, 11:39
CA is a piece of cake, going from a gasser to Diesel. Just do it, and visit the DMV with the vehicle. Apply for a modified title, and say goodbye to smog checks. In CA, the year of the engine doesn't matter for non-smog's.

I guess I should have mentioned it wasn

DmaxMaverick
03-11-2006, 13:59
My statement wasn't year model specific. You can upgrade that '85 with no problems. You will have to get a modified title, or you won't get it registered every 2 years when it comes time for a smog check. The smog check stations are required to check the vin/emmissions requirements specific to that vehicle. Once you install a Diesel engine, and mod the title, your registration renewal won't have any smog requirements attached.