PDA

View Full Version : price

alex
02-25-2006, 01:15
i am buying my second d/a, first one was in 01. i have found a LT2 CC 4X4 lwb buckets, cloth, no onstar or sat. its sticker for 46k and i left at 40k. i would like to see @36-37k, does that seem reachable? i know they need to make money but i cant pay more than i have to. this is in central texas if that makes a difference.
thanks in advance
alex

oyazi
02-25-2006, 20:17
Like yourself ~ its tuff for me to accurately place value ~ even the edmunds/kBB etc can get confusing. I purchased my 02 new from davesmith.com. If I were in your situation ~ I would get a quote from them ~ citing everything this unit has then compare. I know of nobody that undersells ~ even tho you might not want to buy from davesmith still, you can chk the price w/what they're asking locally.

JohnC
02-26-2006, 13:07
When I worked for a GM division, employee discount was around 17%. This was way below invoice and less than the dealer's employees could hope for. So, I doubt if it's reasonable to expect more than 10% or so in the absense of another employee pricing program.

alex
02-26-2006, 23:14
it is the fifth truck in 9 years that i have bought from them and i always felt good about the deal. i guess the employee pricing from last year got me used to the idea of paying 35k for a 45k truck