PDA

View Full Version : Temporary FSD mount?

markrinker
08-04-2004, 10:08
UPS shows an arrival date of tomorrow for my new FSD cooler. The occasional stall has progressed to nearly impossible restarts, prompting me to unplug the harness and re-connect a new(er), working FSD just to get home.

Any ideas for a temporary heat sink until the real deal arrives? I might need to drive 3-5 miles at a time before the UPS truck gets here tomorrow...

BTW, I do NOT have an extension harness, either, so its basically sitting in the hottest damn place it could live right now!!!

ttpost
08-04-2004, 13:43
an old car amp works great even as a permanent cooler. or possibly just bolt it to a piece of aluminum to get you by.

markrinker
08-04-2004, 13:53
I jammed a flattened aluminum pop can between the FSD and the upper radiator hose. Pretty sure that means the whole affair will be with a few degrees of return water temp - not sure what that is, but my gauge reads 160 driving around town unloaded.

Maybe I should package 'Pop Can FSD Cooler' and 'Bungee Boost' and sell them on Ebay! (joke) Can you tell I am an old farmer? When its a long way to town, and even then the part probably won't be in stock - you learn to improvise.

[ 08-04-2004, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

Low_Bridge
08-04-2004, 17:21
Some string will get your good old fashioned SB chevy home after whooping it up on some dirt roads & you throw your alternater belt.
:cool: