PDA

View Full Version : Jayco talon zx 5th wheeler f35y

mimi2005
11-29-2005, 17:26
Hello,
For the first time to my life, I am planning to buy a 5th wheeler. I will use primary to transport my race car and to live in it during the racing. I find that talon ZX F35Y is what I need it. Are here any owners? If yes, what are general impressions about this model and what are you using for towing this monster? I have 2002 Silverado 3500HD cc lb 4x4.
Will this car be able tow it? Do I need to add some performance packages (like banks power boss) to get more power?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,

John

cowboywildbill
11-30-2005, 15:48
Hi, Find out what the 5th wheel trailer weight will be when it is loaded with your gear & tools, car, Water and so on. Then add that weight to the weight of your pickup with full fuel ect. The total weight of both truck and trailer together shouldn't exceed your total gross vehicle weight that is listed in your owners manual. If you are within the limits your truck should pull it fine. As for power, check out the duramax page on the forum. Good luck.

a5150nut
11-30-2005, 20:33
You might check in at RV.com in their 5th wheel forum. Lots of fiver owners there.

computer-monkey
02-17-2006, 10:38
rv.net

Onebigcanuck
03-10-2006, 07:29
Looking at what you want to do, you may be over the trucks limits, figure that you will be at the 5ths GVW plus the weight of your car. Add that to the truck and see what you look like.

A good place for answers is a:

http://www.rv.net/forum/

You can join it and ask advise there.

Albee
04-21-2006, 22:19
I have the F36W Talon. My truck weighs right at 8,200 lbs with me in it and a full tank of fuel. Trailer with 1300lbs of ATV's, 60 gal of gas in tanks, 139 gallons of water goes right at 17K. That puts me about 1,700 lbs over the GCVWR of 23.5K. So, I lower the water level and gas level to help reduce. But, truck pulls load great. I have pulled over 3 mountain passes up to almost 10K ft. elevation on three different occasions with no issues. Stock 06 Dmax LLY. Does a great job. But you do know you have a full load. Pull a 6% grade for just under 5 miles on interstate 80 just east of Laramie Wy. at 54 mph in third gear at 2400 rpm. Engine temp and tranny temp good. With my 02 LB7, the tranny would climb some. Guess the new pump in the Allison does make a difference. Good luck to ya.