PDA

View Full Version : '06 LBZ Setting U0100 SES Code - Need help!

duluthsvo
02-21-2006, 19:14
At Thanksgiving I purchased my first new vehicle -LBZ/Allison/CC/2500HD/SLT/Fire Red - the whole 9 yards...my dream vehicle. Since then I've racked up only 1350 miles and 5 trips to the dealer for SES lights. Trip #1 - unknown code (document ID # 1705330)- dealer adjusts wire connections, Trip #2 - code U0100 (documnet 1706349) - Dealer claims tranny control computer at fault and part on order - dealer claims that GM states replacement part has more issues then original part and not to replace, Trip #3 once again code U0100 - Dealer claims problems are linked to auto starter I had installed away from dealer (dealer offers same brand), Trip #4 - (code U0100)I had shop remove auto starter - dealer finds 2 pins (26 and 6 reversed in high speed data harness), Trip #5 (codes U0100)Dealer claims that the SES code was set due to use of the grill/bumper covered being used over 0 degrees F and engine preheater being used above 0 degree F. Setting codes became frequent enough that I declined taking my new 1300 mile GMC out west and we took a 125000 mile Ford. Needless to say I'm VERY frustrated and need advice on how to get this condition resolved. Like I said, this is my dream truck and I don't want to get rid of it....I just want it fixed. Thanks for all the future help. DuluthSVO

Buck
02-22-2006, 01:24
You need to find a new dealer. Your problems don't sound very hard to fix if the tech knew what he was doing....

This trip takes the cake :rolleyes:

"Trip #5 (codes U0100)Dealer claims that the SES code was set due to use of the grill/bumper covered being used over 0 degrees F and engine preheater being used above 0 degree F."

I hope you can get your problems resolved.

madmatt
02-22-2006, 07:11
Trip #5 (codes U0100)Dealer claims that the SES code was set due to use of the grill/bumper covered being used over 0 degrees F and engine preheater being used above 0 degree F. If they think that customers are dumb enough to believe that (which some may) they're just just reaching for an excuse to brush off your problems cause they can't fix it. Find another dealer!

More Power
03-07-2006, 11:30
Just as an aside, I recommend driving a brand new truck for enough miles to convince the new owner that everything is okie dokie with the truck and all the other systems - before adding aftermarket stuff.... Then, if you add a remote start or performance gizmo, and the truck acts up, you can be pretty sure it's due to the gizmo. The first thing most dealer service departments will do is blame an aftermarket add-on for just about any sort of problem....

Jim

mrwolf
03-09-2006, 13:20
This may be a false code. The code indicates loss of communication between the ECM (Engine Control Module) and TCM (Transmission Control Module). For a better explanation your dealer should have called TAC (Technical Assistance Center). The contact numbers were listed at the bottom of the service bullitin #1706349. If the truck is operating normally, this code will not cause any problems. GM ususally releases service calibrations when false diagnostic codes are discovered. If the TCM is defective, the dealer should be willing to contact TAC and get a replacement TCM. This part is currently on restriction and will not be released to a dealer unless TAC is contacted. In addition try to find another dealer, these guys sound like they don't have a clue. Remote starters and reversed pins have nothing to do with your code. Your CAN datalink pins out as follows: TCM #6 CAN Hi to ECM pin #57, TCM #27 CAN Lo to ECM pin #44, TCM #66 CAN Hi to GPM (Glow Plug Module) pin #44, TCM #47 CAN Lo to GPM pin #43. TCM pin #26 is not used-only on gas 8.1L. At the DLC (Data Link Connector-trapazoidal plug under the dash) CAN Hi is pin #6 and CAN Lo is pin #14.