PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Fuel Purification Unit

Turbo Powered
02-11-2006, 08:13
I was searching old posts about fuel quality, cetane numbers and such. I remembered one with a fuel quality hydrometer tester, which led me to check if there was something else out there. I stumbled upon this website, www.dieselcraft.com. (http://www.dieselcraft.com.) I often wonder about the quality of the fuel we are getting. I am seriously looking at purchasing the standard duty unit they offer. I haven't got a price quote back from them yet. They also offer test kits to determine if your fuel is contaminated by asphaltines or cyanobacteria. I found the site to be very informative and thought I would pass it along.

Turbo Powered
02-11-2006, 21:06
Any opinions?

Hubert
02-12-2006, 05:40
I don't think you can just slap this puppy on our trucks. The LP is probably too weak to make any significant vortex action.

I have seen water seperators on compressed air line swirl the water out of the air. And we have "swirling" oil/smoke seperators on some oil coolant cnc machines at work.
(on edit I also have a dyson vaccum cleaner that works well.) So the vortex principle is dead on and proven.

As for the little metal thingy I don't know about it. I can see it forcing the flow back to laminar and maybe make the fuel a little more maybe "dense" by removing turbulence and any small air bubbles.

I think any improvement to fuel quality from added filtration, temperture control ( to optimium IMHO between 56-75F for dino diesel) and improved throughput to the DS style IP's is good and may yield a sublte performance increase under heavy load. Around town light load I don't think it will add any improvement to performance. But added fuel quality would still be there.

I did not read the details but does it say anything about minimum fuel pressure on supply line? All I saw was gpm flow rate criteria? Our OE LP's are so weak I doubt they would do much swirling vortex seperation under their own power.

[ 02-13-2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Hubert ]