PDA

View Full Version : Need help with A/C

AC Bingel
08-02-2004, 17:50
I have a 99 Suburban with rear air. The rear air is ice cold but the front air is barely cold. I was thinking of checking the orifice tube. Is this the correct place to start? If so do I need to replace the accumulator? Also can I recharge the system as soon as I put it together or do I have to take it somewhere to have the air taken out of the system?

rjschoolcraft
08-02-2004, 19:48
The orifice tube is probably blocked. If you find debris, you should probably change the accumulator. It is best to have the system evacuated before charging.

HowieE
08-03-2004, 05:14
I agree with ron, but would check one thing before opening the AC system. Take a pair of vice grips and close off the heater line going into the fron heater and run the AC for several mins with the water closed off to be sure you are not getting crossover from an open door. If you still have no cooling in the front and the front fan is running at normal speed you may have to open the system.
The valve should be just below the right side battery were the AC lines come out of the condenser.

AC Bingel
08-05-2004, 09:21
Thanks for the help....I replaced the orifice tube and recharged the system. It is blowing colder than ever.