PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Question

gunner 6165
11-28-2004, 07:44
O.K., I finally got a roundtuit, and relocated my PMD. Truck necessitated it, it died 8 times in the last 5 miles of my commute home. :eek: Ordered the Heath Diesel kit. Nice kit, easy install, job done, just the way I like it. :D Picture (http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gunner6165/my_photos) of old PMD Location is in Trucks folder for the curious.

Now, does anyone have the info on the parts needed to 'rebuild' the quick disconnect fitting on the coolant hose from the thermostat housing? It's leaking now,and no matter how I jiggle it, it doesn't stop. :mad:

AND, does anybody know where I can get my hands on a body shop manual for this Suburban?

Thanks

Jim P
11-28-2004, 08:11
I bought a new quick disconnect fitting at Autozone. It comes with all the seals.

The only problem I had was that when I tried to unscrew my old fitting, it twisted off in the thermostat housing. It is a real pain to get it out.

gunner 6165
11-28-2004, 16:00
Thanks for the info Jim, I'll have to try the Autozone close to work, the one close to home gave me the 'deer in the headlight' look.

damork
11-28-2004, 17:44
gunner 6165,

I put a nipple in place of it as well. Actually, GM used to put a nipple in there on older 6.2 diesels which I believe is what I used. It comes with an orifice that I assume regulates/limits the flow through the heater core.

Brandon
11-28-2004, 17:53
GM sells a new style that is steel instead of pot metal (the one that twists off). You have to specify that you want the metal one or they will give you the pot metal.

BBCB
11-28-2004, 18:44
For a real manual, Helminc.com GMC > 1997 > C/K Pickup/Suburban/Jimmy (http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=&Mfg=GMC&Make=GMC&Model=GCK&Year=1997&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&mscsid=DRSRCGNSQW9L9PF5TPJ99L3SU3962D5A) is the source, but when I needed mine, they were not in print. I got mine on eBay, and though it took a couple tries, I did get the full suite of gently used books (5).

Anyone need an extra "Tahoe/Yukon Rear Air Conditioning Supplement"?

One additional thing I also got on eBay were year & model appropriate sheets from a collision book (in my mind, better diagrams of body placement & trim alignment).

BBCB

gunner 6165
11-28-2004, 20:12
One additional thing I also got on eBay were year & model appropriate sheets from a collision book (in my mind, better diagrams of body placement & trim alignment).
That's exactly what I'm looking for, just not having a great deal of success.

I'll be hitting the auto parts stores and dealer tomorrow to get my part. Hopefully this will be done before the weekend.

TCombs
11-29-2004, 04:37
I believe coolant fitting # is 24503681 for G.M. dealer. That is newest part #.

gunner 6165
11-29-2004, 06:30
Thanks for the info TCombs, off to the store.