PDA

View Full Version : Here comes Wilma !!

CleviteKid
10-19-2005, 05:06
Hurricane Wilma is headed for South Florida, so DA BIG ONE and I are both hoping for it to go somewhere else. It may be time to put a snorkel on my air intake, with the opening around the top of the cab. I should probably route the exhaust up thru stacks in the bed, with the outlets about 7 feet above ground, then I can take my diesel thru just about any standing water we may have here.

Good luck to all my Florida Diesel Page colleagues as we wait to see exactly what path Wilma takes.

Dr. Lee :eek:

DA BIG ONE
10-19-2005, 11:16
Originally posted by CleviteKid:
Hurricane Wilma is headed for South Florida, so DA BIG ONE and I are both hoping for it to go somewhere else. It may be time to put a snorkel on my air intake, with the opening around the top of the cab. I should probably route the exhaust up thru stacks in the bed, with the outlets about 7 feet above ground, then I can take my diesel thru just about any standing water we may have here.

Good luck to all my Florida Diesel Page colleagues as we wait to see exactly what path Wilma takes.

Dr. Lee :eek: Thanks for the good luck & back to ya, and I can't go as deep as you cause of them computer thing's.

[ 10-20-2005, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: DA BIG ONE ]

DA BIG ONE
10-23-2005, 23:45
Latest reports (04:50 hours 24 oct) put you square in the middle of this one, stay safe!

CleviteKid
10-24-2005, 16:43
I split on Saturday for Washington DC, after putting up my shutters. My neighbors told me today that my house survived with roof intact, but lots of tree and limb damage. Won't be back until Sunday to see what happened, and throw out all the bad food in the 'fridge.

Dr. Lee :rolleyes:

jspringator
10-25-2005, 12:22
I used to want to retire in Florida; before this hurricane season. I guess I will just tow my trailer down for a few months during the winter and tow it back home so I don't have to deal with the storms.

trbankii
10-26-2005, 06:33
My uncle and his wife retired and moved down there last year - about two weeks before hurricane season. Between last year and this year we are starting to place bets on whether they'll be back. Their story when they moved down there was that they were sick of all the bad weather up here - meaning snow... ;)

DA BIG ONE
10-26-2005, 10:10
We have relief trucks sitting because FEMA will not give authorization to distribute aid to some towns 15:16 hours 26 OCT 05.

Good job getting things back to normal, or somewhere near there I think.

[ 10-26-2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: DA BIG ONE ]