PDA

View Full Version : Clear Polyurethane fuel return lines ? ? ?

CleviteKid
10-15-2005, 09:15
Dr. Lee,

I read your article in the "improving performance and economy" - titled "Parts Upgrades II". In this article you mention replacing return-line tubing with clear urethane from mcmaster.com.

I was wondering if you could give me more specific information about the type/brand of tubing?

The woman I spoke to on the phone there requested this information for my order, (she was not helpful when I described the application).

- "dispatch"

Hello "dispatch",

If you go to the McMaster Carr website,
http://www.mcmaster.com/
and then go to page 88, then scroll down to the Ether-Based Polyurethane Tubing, you can find what you want.

If memory serves, you will need the 1/8" ID tubing for the tubing between injectors and the 1/4" ID tubing for the jumper between the fuel injection pump and the fuel return line to the tank, on the 6.2L and 6.5L diesels, but check your own to be sure. The part number will be 5195Txx where xx depends on the size you buy.

It looks like you will need to buy 10 feet minimum, but that is OK because the clear urethane will darken and turn opaque with time. This does not harm the function, but you would need to replace it if you want to look for air bubbles in your return fuel at some time in the future.

You can even order with a credit card from this website, so you never need to talk to a human at McMaster Carr again.

Dr. Lee