PDA

View Full Version : Snorkel removal/airbox mods?

Steve O.
11-24-2004, 13:30
I'm assuming my '94 has the air snorkel in the fender, but I'm having no luck figuring out how to get to it if its there. There is one bolt head on that side of the inner fender but even if thats for the air snorkel, how the heck do you get the piece out? Do you have to drop the inner fender tub?

Thanks

Steve

nvmtnlion
11-24-2004, 14:29
Steve O,

I just did this the other day. Remove the passenger side battery and remove the screw that is there. (Look on JK's site under 6.5 tech tips) Remove the air box and yank it out through that hole.

Steve O.
11-24-2004, 15:01
Thanks. I looked at John's site but didn't figure the snorkel would come out the way you said.

And hey, your truck isn't completely stock now with that mod!

Thanks again.

Steve

Steve O.
11-24-2004, 17:16
So, I yanked the airbox, only to find someone had beat me to the punch on removing the snorkel and cutting out the intake "cone"! It was very obvious that the cone had been cut out from the hack and cut marks around the edge of the plastic.

Of course, I should have checked this last week when I had the box out to put the Turbo-Master in, but didn't think of it at the time.

Steve

nvmtnlion
11-24-2004, 20:23
Son of a gun! You are right. Not to mention I got the replacement gaskets yesterday and cut out all that excess webbing in the intake. That seemed to make the biggest difference so far. Cooling, timing chain, gauges, then exhaust. Gotta get it done before next camping season!