PDA

View Full Version : FSD Heat Sink Install

Aryeh Levy
08-14-2005, 11:25
I got a FSD heat Sink From Kennedy Diesel a few months ago, and i got the gusto to install it today. Wow I've learned a lot from this page bout my truck since i bought that sink. I was listening to the advice of the duramax bizhosting guy then. wow i'm glad i never bought from that "troll" lol. the link to the site from google now pops up a scam site about him... anyway...

Do i need a set of gaskets to do this install? it looks VERY tight next to he FSD on the IP. I don't see how i could remove the connector w/o disconnecting the manifold. Does fel pro make gaskets for the intake on this 6.5 1998 F?

Also the black covers for the transistors fell off before i tightened the FSD to the heat sink. Are those important?

landrea
08-14-2005, 13:08
If you use a long screwdriver and nimble fingers you can unplug the PMD harness off the side of the pump and then use a hosehook or a piece of coat hanger bent to a hook and fish the harness up between the intake runners and BAM, :mad: you're done.I know its possible because I've done it on the roadside! tongue.gif

Aryeh Levy
08-14-2005, 14:15
Did it. I mounted the heatsink with the provided bolts on the inside wheelwheel driver side - there's a single tapped hole there in the perfect size. When i get my hands on a tap set maybe ill do it somewhere else.