PDA

View Full Version : 4l80e

farmerherb
03-19-2005, 05:59
Okay took the truck to a Class A transmission shop. He put his state of the art scanner on the truc, we went for a ride(half hour). It set codes for shift solenoids, trans slipping,fuel pump stepper valve?,and linkage position sensor. His opinion was it was the fault of the computer. So I went to the dealer got a rebuilt computer, put in my chip from the old one. Same problem, maybe worst. Friday I drove all day pulling a 16' trailer, trans worked okay would not go to fourth but started in first, at 3P.M I was on I95 it shifted up and then went into fourth locked up I drove for half hour at 65(going to the dealer to get the new computer). Put in the new computer, only started from first when I started after having the engine off, otherwise started in second each time and returning on I95 never went into fourth. I asked the tech at the tans. shop about replacing the ignition switch he said not in this case. So now I sent over $200 nothing has changed.

Barry Nave
03-19-2005, 07:27
3 YRS ago,after having a trans rebuilt. It looked to come down to what your having.
What I had was an line PSI problem.
Yet, all problem also came down to the shift solenoid.
What I have learned with the trans shop, it also seem to come down to the EMC/pcm.
We then went,with out changing the compt., and hooked up with a product that JK now sells call a, from TRANS GO, INTERCEPTOR.
This allows line psi ADJ. and TCC lock up.
Once installed all was fine.
Could it have been a single problem to the PCM?
All I know is it worked in my problem and may be what you need.
Just by reading what your going through seem to me the issue yor dealing with.
Your having a falt code,set to lemp mode.