PDA

View Full Version : BS in Palm Beach Lives On, Getting Screwed!

DA BIG ONE
07-31-2005, 01:46
I buy a new Wells Cargo 20'x 8' enclosed car hauler, so, I can haul an occasional car, or 4+ motor cycles, even move whatever if need be.

Anyway, trailer is delivered to the dealer the next day, I go to pick it up, wait, wait, wait somemore, finally I am told trailer is ready to go.

As I am driving home, maybe 5 miles, I keep hearing a banging noise, I assumed it was the spare tire sitting on the floor of the trailer. Arrive home and find that the moron who hooked the trailer up to my burb, never noticed the 2" ball on my truck so hooked it up even though too small. Result, damaged ball lock which dealer says is not his problem....

After, I set up trailer with proper ball and find I need a major drop in front of trailer to level it. So, I get the dropped hitch bar I need and set it level...

I guess my biggest bitch, is, getting half assed service, along with the dealer, his agents, employees never telling me I needed a larger ball along with lowest dropped hitch draw bar made to level trailer! Hell, it was never a cost issue, a few more dollars to do it right.

It is a wonder these shops even stay in business.

tanker
07-31-2005, 08:46
I agree, I never looked at my 2-5/16" ball when I picked up our new trailer two years ago, but it was only rated for 6000lbs. :rolleyes: The trailer weighs 12,000lbs :rolleyes: I called the dealer and they said it ws my ball and hitch. I said well your people hitched it up and set the hitch height and WD bars, and they should have noticed. Well they missied out on the sale of a new HD ball.
Your right, they should say, hey your ball is two small, or under rated. If you would have scattered the trailer on I-95 because of that, I think the State Police would have investigated that and held them responsible.
Hey Jim are you comming out to Salt Lake for the Rendezvous? :rolleyes: