PDA

View Full Version : Information About Hess Diesel Fuel

TurboDiverArt
03-17-2005, 15:58
Hi All,

Just some FYI. I wrote to Hess inquiring about the winterization of their fuel as well as then new low-sulfur fuel. Didn't tell me the percentage of winterization but at least in my area there is apparently a schedule. Regarding low-sulfur fuel, it looks like it should hit the streets (retail) September 2006. - Art

Amerada Hess #2 Diesel Fuel is winterized from November through March to meet the normal expected temperatures for that time of year in the area in which it is marketed. We achieve the operability target by blending our diesel with either kerosene or an additive to a specific cloud point for each operating region. If unexpected temperatures occur or a diesel customer is driving out of the area it is suggested that the customer check their vehicle manual for cold weather recommendations.

ULSD TRANSITION SCHEDULE
06/01/2006 -- Refiners must be on-specification for 15 ppm max sulfur for 80% of their diesel pool
07/15/2006 -- All downstream except Retail must be on-specification for 15 ppm max sulfur diesel
09/01/2006 -- Retail locations must be on-specification for 15 ppm max sulfur diesel

moondoggie
03-18-2005, 09:28
Good Day!

Thank you. EXTREMELY useful info, but probably won't generate lots of posts. I know I'm going to start using Stanadyne's Lubricity Formula around the 1st of next year.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, # 5044

tom.mcinerney
03-21-2005, 19:12
Good effort, Art.
That's a year earlier than i figured.
Be interesting to see how the exhaust smell changes!

charliepeterson
03-21-2005, 19:22
Boston's Trans. Authority has been using the "Ultra Low Sulfur" fuel for five or six years now in its buses. It does cut down on the emissions and it is a good idea to use the fuel conditioner for the electronic injection pumps.

This will be coast to coast. In 2007 all states will have to tighten up the tail pipe emissions or risk loosing federal highway money.

TurboDiverArt
03-22-2005, 03:04
Originally posted by moondoggie:
Good Day!

Thank you. EXTREMELY useful info, but probably won't generate lots of posts. I know I'm going to start using Stanadyne's Lubricity Formula around the 1st of next year.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, # 5044 I plan to start using lubricity as well once the new fuel hits. Can't be too careful with a $2000 pump. An extra $2.50 per fill up is cheap insurance.

Art.

DA BIG ONE
03-23-2005, 02:57
[/qb][/QUOTE]I plan to start using lubricity as well once the new fuel hits. Can't be too careful with a $2000 pump. An extra $2.50 per fill up is cheap insurance.

Art. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sooooooooo, true! I still remember my BENZ pump failure back ib the early 90's when low sulfer diesel was mandated in Florida. The worst part, was that MB did not have any replacement seals "on worldwide backorder", when they did become available they soon failed too even with additives.

Good thing about the MB diesel, is that it had a manual fuel priming pump at the IP.