PDA

View Full Version : Need injector socket!!!

Shad
03-15-2005, 13:52
I am getting frustrated I need to vent!!! Those of you who folowed my old posts about changing the inj. pump and now I am in the process of changing injectors. I had orderd the injector socket through cartools.com and failed to tell me it was on back order 2 weeks later, then ordered through snap-on online and it is also back-ordered.Now what??? I am going to try the local snap-on guy to see if he stocks it. This has been a three week ordeal I have the turbo off and just waiting for a socket.

Cowracer
03-15-2005, 14:05
I bought mine at Autozone. Take a look and see what they got.

Tim

Dvldog 8793
03-15-2005, 14:12
I made mine out of two cheap sockets from the local hardware store. about $12.00 all total and works great.
L8r
Conley Janssen

gmenor
03-15-2005, 16:57
I bought my socket at NAPA ($12.00) and had to cut about 3/8" off the end. I went to Sears (where they sell impact socket sets) and got an hex adapter to fit in the socket, so I can get a wrench on it. I used the new injectors to get the right depth. Hope this helps.

MikeChase
03-15-2005, 18:56
In the same boat. The local snapon guy has had these on backorder for about two months - says all these sockets available are destined for work on Hummers in Iraq. A snapon 30mm impact for axles doesn't work - won't fit over the return nipples, and too big otherwise. Maybe try a 1-3/16" deep 6pt - real close in size. The socket internal construction varies so much from one brand/style to another you really need to check out the fit on an injector b4 buying & thinking it will do the job.

Shad
03-16-2005, 01:37
I got a hold of the local snap-on guy and he did not stock one, But he is going to call the other dealers in the area to see if he can come up with one. Maybe I'll have one by friday.

Iain
03-16-2005, 05:11
I beleive the one I have is a "Westward" brand deep socket. I found it at am industrial tool outlet. If you have a spare injector, take it with you as not all deep sockets are the same depth. I tried three or four places before I lucked out.

Phil Holmen
03-16-2005, 06:53
I too used a westward socket to change out mine...

Shad
03-17-2005, 16:59
Got one through hands-on tools,will be here tomorrow....

catmandoo
03-18-2005, 04:08
well if all the snap-on ones are going to iraq,that tells me that either whoever told you is full of$#!t or the sockets are a piece of S#!t.or both,i'm with gmenor i too had to cut some off my napa socket,works fine on the drivers side but those by the turbo just will not squeeze by.plus the napa one is about 30 bucks cheaper then snap-on.

Dvldog 8793
03-18-2005, 05:09
Howdy
I took a cheap 6pnt deep socket that fit the injectors and cut the end off to make it a minimum size. Then took a 3/8 spark plug socket with a hex end and cut the end off it. Welded the two pieces together and have what I think is the perfect socket for about 12-15$. This was all done after knowing what I wanted and not being able to find it. The 3/8 drive enables me to use a thin 3/8 extension to get the injectors on the passenger side. Also I can use a box end wrench on them if I have to. I'm getting ready to upgrade to some 350hp high flow bosch marine injectors so I'll see if it works as good as I remember.
L8r
Conley Janssen

Shad
03-18-2005, 16:22
Got it!!!!!UPS is awsome