PDA

View Full Version : Free Tires!!!!

getupingo
04-22-2003, 20:39
No joke, and no, you are NOT dreaming!!!! Just ask me, I got 5 BFG 285/75R16 tires on my Dmax today, for FREE!!!(Ok, I took my chill pill) Whew!!

I work at Discount Tire and yesterday our store received a notice that (qualifying) Chevy Silverado 2500hd models with a certain build date and a certain number of miles on the stock Firestone Steeltex Radial A/T tires may qualify for 5 free tires of your choice. Don't quote me on this, but I think the truck has to have a 12 month old build date and the tires have to be between 15,000 and 25,000 miles on them. Those are the qualifications, as best I can remember. Call your local Discount Tire for more info or post any questions and I will try to find out the answer.

nos :cool:

dmaxster
04-22-2003, 21:46
who has a 2002 with such little miles on it....mine were shot before winter...Thanks for the insight......glad too see they did something with your tires....they wouldn't for me.....even after all the B****in ...hopefully these last longer than 40,000....dmaxster :D

hickcox
04-22-2003, 22:19
My stock Firestone Steeltex Radial A/T tires didn't even make it to 15k before I had to replace them there was no thread left. Also they all worn out evenly together, no abnormalties.
I currently have 22k miles on my 2001, and the Michelins I replaced them with don't show any wear yet at all. Sure it's the wrong year for the deal but I'll never buy anything with Firestones on it again!

getupingo
04-23-2003, 13:14
Well, I for one, have a Dmax with only 20k on the ticker and my stock tires still had plenty of tread left for probably another 20k. However, my tires were cupping badly and wearing a little un-even.

sse01
04-23-2003, 14:14
Can you tell me what the notice number is or its title so I can ask without confusing them???

Is there anyway for you to get a copy of the notice?

Did the tires have to have a certain characteristic?

BassinRVer
04-24-2003, 07:00
I just called Discount Tire here in Fort Worth and they have not heard of this. SO please give us more information?

Colorado Kid
04-24-2003, 09:16
The guys at Discount Tire in Denver thought I'd beemed in from Mars. :confused:

They didn't know a thing about it...they were willing to try to call the store in Arizona about it :cool: but I couldn't remember what town getupingo was from. :( They have my number and if they hear anything they'll let me know smile.gif (nice folks...may have to get my replacements there even if they aren't free...actually I've delt there before.

Tell us more getupingo...what are the build dates and miles? Do GMC Sierras qualify too?

woundedbear
04-24-2003, 10:31
:confused:

Called Discount Tire in Illinois (closest to me) and they, too, hadn't a clue.

Called Bridgestone-Firestone Consumer Affairs, again, no clue.

Both stated that tires (regardless of brand or make) would be replaced if found to be defective after inspection.

getupingo...what prompted you to visit the tire dealer in question and for that dealer to replace your OEM's? Did they make a call to Firestone?

Please, as others have requested, MORE DETAILS. smile.gif

BassinRVer
04-24-2003, 11:32
I just got off the phone with DT in Mesa AZ. on Baseline Road and they know nothing on this recall for these ties. Hoax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oyazi
04-24-2003, 13:47
woundedbear ~ didn't he say he worked for that chain?

Anyway, a few quick calls around the local area failed to come up w/anything positive. Suppose the dealerships would know first.

woundedbear
04-24-2003, 14:27
I apologize...I read the post in such haste, I did not fully digest....UUURP. redface.gif

Anyway, I have a feeling getupingo's employer-employee relationship had a lot to do with his fortune.

[ 04-24-2003: Message edited by: woundedbear ]</p>

oyazi
04-24-2003, 14:35
Yeah, I know how it is ;)

Re the relationship ~ thats my take also. Think I'll wait a bit and see what shakes out w/the local dealerships

getupingo
04-24-2003, 23:49
Well, I will find out more for you guys tomorrow. My day off was today, so for all I know the deal might be over. Maybe it is just the store that I work for.

crafty
04-25-2003, 06:04
How come you guys are so hard on tires???
I've got just short of 30,000 miles (48,000 kms) on my oringinal Firestone tires and they are just fine. I rotate them every 10,000 kms and that's it. I may not like them as well as I do other tires but I do intend to keep them long enough to wear them out. I expect to have them for another 40,000 kms :D :D :D

BassinRVer
04-25-2003, 07:29
Juice is very hard on my tires. Well, juice and my heavy right foot that is.

getupingo
04-25-2003, 23:07
Ok, we still have the deal going on at our store. I was told that various other locations are also participating, however I don't know which ones. I work at the store on Elliot and Priest. We are open tomorrow so, call our store for more info.

BassinRVer
04-28-2003, 12:50
I got the scoop. This is a research group studying new tire designs. They are only using five stores in the whole USA. One store just happened to be his store where he works. There is no recall on our Firestone tires. You have to have over 14,000 miles and the truck has to be less than 18 months old on the built date. Another note is that they are testing all model vehicles from ford Focus size to big trucks like ours. His store may have only one slot left for our size truck. So if you live near his store get their fast.

MaxACL
04-28-2003, 18:26
I have 58,000 on my '02 Dually GoodYears and have plenty to go. And no,I don't rotate.

Mike

getupingo
04-28-2003, 23:10
See... I told you that it wasn't a dream. :D Boy I sure lucked out if only 5 other stores in the nation are doing this. :D :D :D Yeah, you are correct about the other cars too, we had some vettes in our store too, so if you got one and live close, give us a ring. My truck had 20k on the clock and was 12 months old, the more I think about it, the luckier it seems :D tongue.gif

MAXImiser
04-29-2003, 20:01
Rotation Situation!!!!! ALWAYS ALWAYS
I always rotate and have taken every set of tires I have ever had 2 D MAX!!! What can it hurt to take a 1/2 hr to do a little preventative maint.
I usually do the deed when the oil change is due.
Hope this can inspire ...
SEE YA.. tongue.gif :D :rolleyes: smile.gif :cool: