PDA

View Full Version : Completing wiring harness for Truck Camper

kburati
04-23-2003, 08:28
My truck has the camper wiring harness option located under the truck on the driver's side near the front of the bed. In looking at this harness there's no plug on the end of it. What do I need to get to complete this for use with a truck camper? Is it simply a 7 pin receiver from Walmart? Is it the wiring harness that's in my glove compartment not connected to anything?

4x4man
04-23-2003, 09:19
You will need to purchase a 7 pin plug to complete the install, either from Wally World or a camper place. Drill your hole where you want the plug to be, then take the screws out of the outside of the case of the plug and the internal piece with the terminals will slide out. You can then loosen the set screw at the back of the case and push the set of wires through the case so you can connect the wires to the back of the terminals. Push it all back in and put the screws back in and you are all set to mount the plug.

The wire harness that is in the glove box is for the brake controller. It plugs in under the dash in a box mounted to the firewall and the other end of the wires splice into the harness for the brake controller you buy. Don't forget to install the fuse that comes with the harness!!

Bob

On Edit:
Forgot to ask is this for a 5er or for a slide in?? If it is for a slide in, I believe they have a different harness that you use that needs to be connected to the truck camper harness so it will connect up to the slide in's plug. If it is for a 5er you just need to buy the 7 way plug...

[ 04-23-2003: Message edited by: 4x4man ]</p>

carnutsx2
04-23-2003, 10:33
My slide in uses a 7 way flat plug if that helps.

GMC D-Max
04-23-2003, 15:44
Ditto on the 7-way for a slide-in.