PDA

View Full Version : HELP !!

BowTieDmax
04-22-2003, 17:35
Well after driving in a big rain storm yesterday. I parked my truck for a couple of hours then when I went to leave it kept jumping into neutral as i backed up. And the reverse indicater would flash. I put it into drive and it would not shift out of first. So I pulled into a driveway to turn around and no reverse. So me and my son pushed it out of the driveway with only third gear coming home. Today my wife made the 100 mile round trip drive to the nearest allison dealer to replace the "nsbu" that she had to go get in December.
Well I put that on and still doing the samething
*Speedo does not work !
*Truck will throw itself into neutral !
*Shift indicator will just blink !!
** Service engine light./and ABS light are on
I put the switch on carefully (it adjusted perfect). And I disconected batterys to try and reset the code. I need the truck for work at 4:00am so any help would be awsome.
I will be checking back here or call 440-813-2576
Thanks Paul

BowTieDmax
04-22-2003, 19:47
Well after a buddy hooking a tech 2 up. We are getting a P 0722 "output speed sensor". Any idea's on what it could be ? we did swap the sensor on the tail shaft with no luck.
Thanks

Modified
04-22-2003, 21:04
Helms says P0722 sets when a valid drive range is attained, and the TCM detects an output speed lower than 60 RPM for 1 second. For troubleshooting, they seem to be looking for a poor or lost signal of .15 to 15 VAC caused by a poor connection, broken wire, or bad speed sensor.
My first guess would be moisture in this speed sensor connector, causing a short. Did you try drying out the sensor connector with heat, or maybe alcohol?
The orientation of the speed sensor in the retaining bracket is fixed, so the sensor should not be rotated, or it may operate improperly.
Helms also sugjests checking connector C-2 on the TCM, but back to the big rain storm, I would think this would be more likely the speed sensor or its connector.
I have not worked on problems like this before, but reading through the manual, maybe this will help. Good Luck.

[ 04-22-2003: Message edited by: Modified ]</p>

BowTieDmax
04-23-2003, 18:48
Modified,
Thanks for the help. I picked up a new speed sensor at the chevy dealer today. But as they handed to me it looked the same as the one on the tail shaft of the transfer case. This is the one I swapped out last night with no luck but I thought it a new one would be worth a try. But no luck.
Is there another sensor some where ? The only other on I see is on the front of the tranny towards the top of the bell housing. It kinda looks like it looking at the tq. converter. This is also the one that is held on by a u bracket and a bolt.
I did check all the conections I could plus, the truck has been sitting in a heated garage. So I'm starting to rule out anything still being wet.
Thanks Paul

dmaxalliTech
04-23-2003, 19:21
Bowtie, the one on the forward of the trans is the input speed sensor, its measures speeds on the input of things. Nuetral is default on Alli. Loss of speedo and abs light on will put your toward vss code as rear wheel speeds for abs are through the vss. You might want to unhook the sensor and if you have one, hook up AC volt meter to sensor, spin driveshaft and voltage should go up with spinning speed. Then you would go to the tcm and do same test with ac volt meter at signal wires, I dont recall which conn or which terminals they are but this will test integrity of cicuit. Code cant be cleared with out scanner.

BowTieDmax
04-26-2003, 16:35
Well turned the wires from the output speed sensor were cut above the trans. One of the wires was cut clean threw and the other was partialy cut. I have no idea how they were cut. There is no way that a rock or something flew up. I think it must of happened when they built the truck and maybe a couple of strands were still intact untill they broke. (Yes I did wonder if my wife maybe watched to many movies and thought she was cutting my brake line.)
Thanks to all the helped. !!
Paul