PDA

View Full Version : Timbren Spings

Cowboy_120
04-18-2003, 08:24
I recently put on timbren springs on the rear of my 01 3500 D/A. I unfortunately only got to experienced the improved ride for about 2 hours before an injector blew, and now its in the shop for a week. But thats beside the point.

I really liked the stability of the timbrens on the rear, so I am wondering if anyone has put them on the front and found a difference. I dont plow or add anything additional to the front, so I am wondering if it would make a difference.

Thanks

heartbeatcanada
04-18-2003, 08:53
I have put the timbrens in the front end for a snow plow. They work great and don't affect the ride at all. I had my torsion bars turned 6 times, now with the timbrens and 3 turns it still feels like stock ride, unlike the 6 turns(a little choppy). You mention you have the rears and like them. I also have the rears and dislike them. I find the ride brutually rough, and choppy, they do work when a load is put on, but when empty you better not have a full bladder. :eek: I was thinking of swapping out to 1ton leafs or just adding leafs, not sure yet :confused: I only need the timbrens(rear) for the winter time, so i have them out right now. Did you put the 1" hard plastic spacer in as well, or leave that out and just use the rubber timbren stop? I used both and was wondering if i lost the 1"spacer it might ride better :confused: Good luck with the injectors :cool:

Cowboy_120
04-18-2003, 11:35
I have the spacers in, but I find the ride better in the sense that you can feel the road, and that the tires stick a little better. I think I will hold off on the front ones for now and see how I do through the summer with just the back ones.
I stay hooked up to my trailer most of the time, so I can handle the harsh ride when I am unloaded b/c its only for short periods of time. Losing the spacers will probably help since then the spings wont actually be in effect until your loaded down, but you may get some vibration/bumps if you hit large bumps in the road and springs slam down. The guy I got mine through said some people do take them out, but they do get the vibration on rough roads.

heartbeatcanada
04-18-2003, 12:23
Thanks for the info. I kind of figured it be like that (spacer removed), at least i'm not the only one being picky about the hearsh ride. Later smile.gif