PDA

View Full Version : Truck makes loud clicking when shifting into park

Jorday
09-08-2004, 13:45
My truck makes this click noise when I shift from drive or reverse into park. You can really notice it when I'm in LOW 4wd and I shift out of gear into park. Has anoyne else noticed thier truck doing this?

Dewey Faircloth
09-08-2004, 19:24
Mine did the loud clicking about three times the day I brought it home.Never did it again.It is two wheel drive.

Snowbear
09-28-2004, 16:19
As for the click noise when putting it into park from either R or D, thats completly normal, its just the parking paw on the allison...
As for the 4lo and trying to stop i encountered a similar situation. Its from the gearing in 4lo being so low, that when trying to stop it still wants to be going, or lunging in my case and you go to shift to park, its grinding as the gears are still movin...Simple fix is when needing to stop in 4lo shift the tranny into N and thatll relieve the pressure..

Phase 3
01-02-2005, 18:07
I had this happen to me today! It sounded like you were trying to put a vehicle in park while it's moving.

I was in 4WD low and went to put it in park and I had HEAVY pressure on the break pedal. I realize that the truck wants to surge in low.

This sounds BAD, like it's damaging the parking gear!

It happened about 3 times then I just figured I'd leave it alone.

dmaxalliTech
01-02-2005, 19:27
big parts in big transmissions sometimes make big noises. I wouldnt worry about a thing. A noise when pulling out of park is also considered normal