PDA

View Full Version : Installed my front E Locker tonight

Jorday
12-19-2003, 00:02
The job wasn't too bad. Seems to have a lot more traction off road. I went right through stuff that probably would have given me trouble without it. I put the switch up under my dash. I'm ready to try it out some more. :D

Jordan

TSimpler
12-19-2003, 05:28
how hard was it to install???

Is this something I should think about doing in my driveway with average skills???

Thanks

Trent

mtomac
12-19-2003, 08:23
welcome to the "real 4wd club"

Jorday
12-19-2003, 08:25
Originally posted by TSimpler:
how hard was it to install???

Is this something I should think about doing in my driveway with average skills???

Thanks

Trent Here's a link to the thread I made about the install. It's on another board where I always post.

E locker Install (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=906802#post906802)

I always do all my own work no matter how big the job. The placer the sold me the e locker wanter ~400 bucks for to install it, so I saved almost enough money to buy another e locker. I've swapped lots of diffs in my day, here's some things to consider if you are thinking of doing the install yourself

The only special tool required is some type of press. You will need to press the bearings off the old carrier and press them on the new one. See my other thread for more on this.

The left shaft will be stuck in the stock carrier with a retaining ring. Use a long punch or a large flat blade screwdriver to reach through the carrier, around the center pin and knock it loose.

Remember the ring gear bolts are left handed.

4 of those wierd size GM front axle lube bottles will fill it back up with room to spare. They were 7 bucks each.

Jordan

Jorday
12-19-2003, 08:27
Originally posted by Micheal Tomac:
welcome to the "real 4wd club" They do make a difference, don't they? smile.gif

WhiteDuramax
12-21-2003, 12:14
Jorday, where did you get the locker at and what was the price if ya can? Thanks

Jorday
12-22-2003, 07:36
I got it from a place called Reider's racing. It was $560+tax. Most places I found wanted over 600 for it.