PDA

View Full Version : Are GMC and Chevy really the same???

Johnny Diesel
12-16-2003, 07:41
I have to say in a word YES. But I've owned both and no BS here the GMC's ride better and are quiter, and have more sound deadening it seems. I just test drove a GMC Envoy and a Chevy trailblazer since a coworker asked me to accompnay him on his first new vehicle purchase. Both had a trailering pkg and same inline 6 engine etc. The Envoy rode hands down quiter and the suspension was just right. The Trailblazer felt harder and was noisier inside. We dove 8 vehicles total. When I bought my GM rear axle fliud from my buddy at the Chevy dealer(employee discount) for my GMC he remarked about how the GMC's definetly felt better and had"something extra" but not sure what. Over the summer pulling my trailer 31ft 9000 lbs my wife said the GMC rides much better than the Chevy did. She really never notices anything with vehicles. :confused:

HD-Nate
12-16-2003, 11:40
NO....

GMC is a better looking truck :D :D

Sorry just had to say that tongue.gif

My last truck was a Chevy Z71, build quality was great, no rattles or squeaks after 150k+. So far my GMC D/Max is of like quality.

Except for that noisy azz engine :D j/k

Stephen1
12-17-2003, 19:57
Structurally they are the same. The interiors are a little different. They probably do have minor suspension tuning differences as well. Maybe one does have better insulation.

Stephen

JimWilson
12-18-2003, 13:05
This is the company that thought an underhood light and wipers that stand up were too expensive for their customers, so they discontinued them in 03. That being the case, I somehow doubt GM spends any real money -- engineering or otherwise -- to differentiate their trucks anymore.