PDA

View Full Version : boost/ egt gauges

hdmax(mike)
08-11-2002, 19:06
I`m going to get the a-piller dual gauge pod and gauges. What all do I need? what brand? How much money? 3? 4? hunderd dollers

I would like to know things like wire, fuses, sending units.

Thanks!

oneton
08-11-2002, 20:41
Mike, do a search on the board. There is a really cool digital set up that someone installed in the overhead console. Very clean.

SoCalDMAX
08-11-2002, 23:45
mike,

I bought 2 SPA dual digital gauges, installed them on the A-pillar. It cost about $700 total for the whole thing. I love them, but it's not for everyone. Some have gone with Autometer, VDO or Isspro.

Tinbender and others have done a beautiful job on the Dakota Digital gauges in the overhead, looks almost factory.

Regards, Steve

JEBar
08-12-2002, 03:55
IssPro pillar mounted boost/EGT's mounted by local aftermarket truck shop $400.00 .... have worked well :cool:

Kent Tuttle
08-12-2002, 07:55
Just finished up my install over the weekend. I went with the EV isspro's mounted on the A-pillar. It's great having gauges again. Bought all my stuff from Kennedy diesel (thanks John)!

ZFMax
08-12-2002, 08:35
I went with ISSPro's (boost & EGT) and A-pillar mount from Diesel Injection Service (www.dieselpage.com) ...

Pyrometer kit R3607T: $121
Boost gauge R5613: $42
2 gauge full A-pillar mount: $50
paint, reducer, & sprayer from local PPG store: ~$35
total ~$250

They shipped the wrong pod the first time, their fault, it even said "2002 Duramax" right on the packing list but it was the wrong piece, I believe it was for 99-00 models. I sent it back and got a replacement, the second one was also wrong, it was for 98 and older. Went through the same drill again and the right pod showed up. Then I got a call several weeks later asking why I hadn't returned one of the pods (I had). Grrr. I've had good luck with DIS before, hopefully that was all just a fluke.

Time to install about 3-4 hours, not a big deal, look at the instructions elsewhere on this site.