PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe the price of these things

needbigtruck
12-05-2003, 22:49
I accedently switched on my spot light with it sitting on the passenger seat pointing down. I didn't realize it was on for 2 days. In addition to running down both batteries it scorched the seat cover (I am really glad it didn't catch fire). I took the seat off and removed the cover and went to my local Chevy dealer. He used my VIN to look up the exact replacement seat cover and quoted me a price of $241.00 (GM parts direct wants $141.00). I asked him to make sure that was just the cloth seat cover and he said yes. I said that seemed really high to me (I was willing to pay $50.00) he said it was cheap, the leather covers go for $1000.00. Now I know why these trucks cost so much. A trip to JO-ANNE fabrics and a wonderful wife that can sew and I'll have a new cover, although not exactly the same.

Runaway
12-06-2003, 06:13
Knowing what the folks get for a custom upholstery work, I would have thought the $241 or the $141 price quote for a stock seat cover was in line! Knowing that the truck listed close to $40K, a couple hundred buck for any type of repair isn't alot to put out in my opinion.
Did you pay your spouse the $50 bucks? tongue.gif

BlueOx03
12-07-2003, 15:59
I'd shoot Eric an email, tqauto@aol.com..
I'm sure it'll be more than $50, but you'll get the best price possible...

Ox