PDA

View Full Version : Pictures are posted!

CSDMAX
08-06-2002, 18:15
After getting razzed by Alli-max last night...I have finally got my s... together and setup pics on the web. Check out the link in my sig below.

DON

Maverick
08-06-2002, 20:39
Looks real good. I had a 99 1500 EC the same color. Gauges look slick. Good job.

TxDoc
08-06-2002, 21:18
Very nice--pics and truck!

Alli-max
08-06-2002, 21:27
I am liking those gauges more and more. VERY professional install. I still dont know.... Dakota or SPA!!!

That is the next project.... smile.gif

I didnt razz you... I was playing Mom!!! Nice pics, nice truck, and nice bowl of noodles you spilled on your fuse box tongue.gif

Silver Bullet
08-08-2002, 11:44
I like gauges...now I am really on the fence! Digital overhead or analog pillar??? :D

Piney
08-09-2002, 01:59
I love those gauges! Did you have to make a custom mount under the console or is that a pre-fab bracket?

CSDMAX
08-09-2002, 05:51
Piney,

The panel is the original panel that was there. I pulled it out, made a card board template, then drew the retangular dimensions inside the template and then transfered back to the panel. Drilled, cut with jigsaw, and fine tuned with a file. Also, made an "I" out of 22 ga sheetmetal to put behind center section for added support of the mounting brackets.

Don

BigO
08-09-2002, 10:21
CSDMAX:

How about that Transmission scoop? How much did it drop your temps and is it for sale. I know some one on here by the name of FRED is making one and planning to produce them. How does yours mount etc?

If there is a discussinon on this already, just point me in the right direction. I will read and go from there.

CSDMAX
08-09-2002, 10:54
Big 0,

Billy14 originally fabricated the upper air deflector (give credit where it is due smile.gif ) and made drawings for it. He sent me and several others the drawings. I made the upper deflector out of 22 ga sheetmetal based on his drawings and modified the upper for the lower deflector as per my pictures. The average drop in temps is at least 20 deg F with both upper and lower and they merely held in place by inserting a tab into the upper and lower slots of the tranny cooler brackets and rests against the upper and lower portions of the grill.
Check out the following thread http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003559&p=

I have the drawings from Billy14. If you would like them, post your email and I will send them to you.

Rgds,

Don

stevem
08-09-2002, 19:18
CSDMAX.

Nice job, looks like they came like that from the factory

Steve

tjc
08-11-2002, 12:26
CSDMAX- Any chance including me in on dwgs?

Thanks
tjc@gci-net.com

DMAXDiva
08-13-2002, 15:43
CSDMAX:

Great truck! We call that "Aggie Maroon" here in Texas, but that's no slap (right Silver Bullet? ;) )...it's really a great color.

Those gauges look great! Have you had any problems taking your eyes off the road to scan them? Maybe it's just 'cuz I'm female (hey, no comments from the cheap seats!), but I find it difficult to look at my pillar-mounts during a high-speed run (okay, so 95 mph ain't exactly high speed, but it's all she's got :rolleyes: )...
Any problems there? I sure do like the looks of the overhead mount vs. the pillar...hmmmm...

CSDMAX
08-13-2002, 16:28
DMAXDiva,

Thanks for the compliment. "Aggie Maroon" huh... that's not so bad....after all it's not RED..it's maroon! I was thinking since it is maroon with a grey interior I could add some blue stripes and Colorado Avalanche decals and support the Avs....YEAH RIGHT!! :D
With the gauges above, there is some distraction when driving as you are looking above the RV mirror. With the go pedal down it's not too difficult to get a firm reading with the digital gauges moving sooo..quickly. The displays are bright teal and are easy to read clearly so that helps. Now if I can just find the optimal EGT/Boost combo for better fuel economy. YEAH RIGHT..Again!! I'm keepin the pedal in it!

Don

Ranger354
08-13-2002, 18:40
They called mine Dark Carmine red, but when I went to have my grill and rack painted to match the code showed it to be Toroque Red or some BS like that.

I have a buddy that wanted to put some aggie stickers on mine, but I told him no way.

Nice guage package. I only have 4,000 miles on mine and it is very hard for me to go tinkering with a new truck. I may juice it in the future, but it runs and pulls great for now.

Ranger354
08-13-2002, 19:03
I put a picture of the new truck out there. It is dirty, but it is a working truck not a street rod. Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

DMAXDiva
08-13-2002, 19:29
Hey Ranger354:

Nice truck...I especially like the artfully arranged array of caps on the dash ;) .

By the way, I've got a "horny toad" (sorry, but that's what we called 'em when I was growin' up) on my plates, too...gotta love Texas!

Silver Bullet
08-13-2002, 19:34
DAMN STRAIGHT, Diva!!!

CSD - If you would like a taste of some ever livin', ever lovin' fightin' Texas Aggie pride let me know and I'll have a couple of Aggie friends (2nd generation Ags) there in the Springs pay you visit and explain it to ya...it's a good thang!!! You can tell it is something I am not proud of...yeah right!!!! ;) :D I have had a maroon Z-71 and my current truck would be maroon IF Chevy offered the same maroon in the trucks as the Subs and Tahoes.

[ 08-13-2002: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]</p>

Ranger354
08-13-2002, 21:14
My brother and sister-in-law have 5 sheep skins between them from aggie land, but they are not the diehard gung-ho type aggies. My father, mother and both sisters have sheep skins from UT. Whatever blows your skirt I always say!

I took the toad from my other truck. They let me transfer the plates so I got to keep them. We call them "Horny Toads" also.

As for the hats. I had 2 given to me today and I didn't take them off the dash when I got home. Guess I will do a better job of taking pictures next time. Maybe the truck will even be washed!

Ranger354
08-13-2002, 21:17
I also saw a 2003HD up close today. The thing has an Avalanche(sp) front end on it.

Looks like a chicks truck! Put some lipstick on the front bumper and there you go!

pepperidge
08-14-2002, 09:53
Now if we could just get Dakota Digital to do a production run on those gauges...

Silver Bullet
08-14-2002, 12:12
Ranger,
If the Ags and Horns in your family were more diehard you could have some really interesting Thanksgivings!!! :D

ASI DMAX
08-15-2002, 19:54
CSDMAX, really like your gauges. Any chance of guiding me through a duplicate install on mine?
I'd be happy to drive down that way sometime.
I have relation in Peyton so I'm down to CS quite a bit. Thanks in advance.

CSDMAX
08-15-2002, 23:09
ASI DMAX,

Sure... you can come down...or I can come up there as well. Do you have your gauges yet? or are they on backorder like everyone else? or you just haven't bit the bullet yet.
I am on vacation for the next 11 days starting at...well...NOW...actually I leave early tomorrow morning. Can you say....oh yeah.... :D :D

Lets hook up when I get back to find out where you are in the process.

Rgds,

Don