PDA

View Full Version : Pulling To The Left

Road Kill
08-06-2002, 14:51
Would any one know what could cause a vehicle that is in spec. alignment wise, and has had the tires rotated every which way, to continue to always pull to the left? Thank goodness it is not my truck, but another vehicle I own. The dealer is stumpped but it still is under warrenty so I am pushing for a solution, just don't know what it is. I know this forum is about our trucks but I hope someone can help me out. Thanks All. :confused:

D-n-Tyke
08-06-2002, 15:22
There could be a couple of things that could cause this.

1. Is the alignment being done on a computer alignment machine or is an old bubble gauge being used? That could be the problem. Computer alignments are better.

2. If the truck's camber is "In Specs" but the variance between the numbers is great this also could cause the truck to pull. (if the right tire has 3

Colorado Kid
08-06-2002, 15:55
If this "other vehicle" has independent rear suspension, has rear wheel alignment been checked?

Also some (many?) front wheel drivers have a subframe which may be missaligned, resulting in the "Center" point in the steering being aimed off one side or the other of the road...a problem with some Honda Odysseys at least.

Road Kill
08-06-2002, 17:59
Thank you both very much. I am not sure if it is computer or bubble but I will find out. Colorado Kid it is in fact a 2002 Honda Odyssey with about 10000 miles on it. Wife loves it and my son sells them. I now have hope. I will see Service manager in the morning. If we get it right I will post what it was. Wish it drove like my 3500. lol smile.gif

Paintdude
08-06-2002, 18:40
Replace the steering box..I bet the pitman arm is not straight with the frame when the steering wheel is centered..This makes the truck think it turning when going straight down the road..The 1/2 ton 4 by 4's had this problem..

Just what I experianced with my 2000 Z71..and the box fixed it..except mine was pulling to the right..

Opps!! I missed the part about it being another vehicle...sounds like a steering rack problem..

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: Paintdude ]</p>

mackin
08-06-2002, 18:41
Road Kill,

Anouther option is to rotate the tires front to back on the same side......Could be a belt shift in the tire......

MAC

Road Kill
08-06-2002, 18:45
Mackin they have tried all possible tire rotations and it still pulls to the left. :confused:

ThePend
08-06-2002, 19:12
Try a differnt shop. I let the dealer align my truck and when I got it back, it was all screwed up. It kept wanting to go in another direction then where I pointed it.

Found out that the computer alignment rack at the dealer was toooooooo short. I went to a Goodyear shop and the guy computer aligned it on the ground. The best alignment ever. Great tire wear, and best of all....goes where I point it. :D

mackin
08-06-2002, 19:44
Road Kill,

OOPS missed that in your original post.......Well they only option is to go to another shop, as THEPEND recommended .... Show them the documintation,get some free advice....If they can help you'll have to pay, then write Honda Motors to get reimbursed if it is repaired.....I had a car go down on a Saturday long time ago and the problem was emission warranty, I had it fixed at a garage and was reimbursed by Chevrolet......I had the injectors cleaned and they refused to pay for that but all other parts and labor they did.....Good Luck.....

MAC

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Road Kill
08-06-2002, 19:49
Thanks Mac. I will get to the bottom of this one way or the other, and you guys have came through again. Man I love this forum.