PDA

View Full Version : H2 wheels

jsa
12-02-2003, 18:42
What needs to be done to fit H2 wheels on my03 cc?

MaxRock
12-03-2003, 10:22
jsa,

I installed H2's on my '02 CC / LWB a couple of weeks ago. I cranked my torsion bars 6 turns on the DS and 4 turns on the PS (to level out the truck). I spaced my front bumper about 3/4 to 1" by adding spacers to the lower bumper mounting brackets. This did not allow the entire bumper to move out, just rotated the lower portion of the bumper away from the tires. In addition, the emergency brake cable was ty-wrapped out of the way as well as the front and back portions of the DS fender well.

I have about 3k miles since I installed the tires. The truck has a great stance now. I didn't notice much of a difference in mileage, maybe lost 1/2 to 3/4 MPG if any. I pulled my 28' TT over Thanksgiving. The truck doesn't seem to have as much power as before, but that could be me. I did get 14.5 MPG pulling the TT in some pretty hilly areas, so I guess the tires didn't hurt too bad

Good luck!

MaxRock

flhrciblueice
12-03-2003, 21:36
Originally posted by MaxRock:
***a,

I installed H2's on my '02 CC / LWB a couple of weeks ago. I cranked my torsion bars 6 turns on the DS and 4 turns on the PS (to level out the truck). I spaced my front bumper about 3/4 to 1" by adding spacers to the lower bumper mounting brackets. This did not allow the entire bumper to move out, just rotated the lower portion of the bumper away from the tires. In addition, the emergency brake cable was ty-wrapped out of the way as well as the front and back portions of the DS fender well.

I have about 3k miles since I installed the tires. The truck has a great stance now. I didn't notice much of a difference in mileage, maybe lost 1/2 to 3/4 MPG if any. I pulled my 28' TT over Thanksgiving. The truck doesn't seem to have as much power as before, but that could be me. I did get 14.5 MPG pulling the TT in some pretty hilly areas, so I guess the tires didn't hurt too bad

Good luck!

MaxRock MaxRock, do you have any pics of your truck? I would like to see the wheels and tires on the truck as well as the wtw bars.

MaxRock
12-04-2003, 09:31
flhrciblueice,

Not yet, I'm planning on taking some this weekend. I'll email them to you sometimes in the next few days.

MaxRock

Jelisfc
12-07-2003, 20:08
Check my pics out.