PDA

View Full Version : Where are we at with HD Tie rods?

6.6L&94ImpalaSS
11-26-2003, 01:26
I am in the market for new tie rods and was wondering if anyone has a heavy duty tie rod available yet? I run oversize wheels and tires and they are wearing out quick. I would like to beef this up now if they are available.

Thanks

Mike

TFEnt
11-26-2003, 05:19
Mike:

Moog sponsors my 96 Impala SS and I have sent them an e-mail with this very question and more. I am awaiting the reply. I am sure they have or are shortly coming out with new front end parts for our Trucks, just like they did for our Impala

6.6L&94ImpalaSS
11-30-2003, 05:33
After doing some investigation, Moog has a improved idler arm and outer tie rod ends only. I do not know the improvement or part number, but will post them later.

I would like to beef up everything at once, nut it looks like just when parts are available.

On the Pitman arm, only stock is available at this time.

Mike

TFEnt
12-01-2003, 20:10
I received a reply from Moog today in regards to the replacement steering/suspension parts.

The reply was as follows:

Due to some other engineering initiatives we are a little behind in developing the ball joints etc. for the new style Silverado/Sierra HD trucks. I'm hoping to have everything available by the 2nd quarter of 2004. I should have a much better idea of availability in late January. It looks as if the pitman, idler carry up, and tie rod ends are under development.

D'Max_2_DA_Max
12-02-2003, 15:03
I think Quadzilla will have something out real soon!