PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise 01 hd

mps007
01-04-2003, 12:58
I am getting a weird noise on my 01 HD -
Sounds like heavy rain hitting my windshied at speeds over 40 mph. It is coming from the drivers side, Lower windhield/dashboard area. I checked for blowing leaves & debris can't seem to find it.

Any one else run across this? Got me mystified.

Mike S

DmaxMaverick
01-04-2003, 13:37
Sounds like the windshield molding. Mine did it when new and was easily corrected with double sided tape. I had the windshield replaced since, and used a small bead of sealer to reseal it. If you have a hood deflector or plow, it can get worse.

The molding is easy to remove. Open the door and you will see a row of screws that hold it in place. Remove the screws. Use double sided tape or a small amount of silicone between the molding and glass to stick the molding to the glass and the noise will go away. Cheers

Jackmchome
01-04-2003, 14:04
Take a look at the rubber flap in the corner of the hood just below the left corner of your windshield. It makes such a noise at times.
(No known fix)

[ 01-04-2003: Message edited by: Jackmchome ]</p>

bryantch
01-04-2003, 14:13
my guess is also the hood hinge rubber flap...my 01 has had that noise from day one...03 does not...so far. drives you nuts at first then just like the "tick" you dont even notice it. poor engineering!

SteveO
01-04-2003, 14:38
mps007,

I put my money on&gt;&gt;&gt;

Rubber Hood Hinge Flap. smile.gif

Mine&gt;&gt; Cut/drill to small holes toward the end and install small wire tie (Zip Tie smile.gif ) around hood hinge and through the two hole in Flap...