PDA

View Full Version : Transmission shops in missoula

K2500
03-20-2003, 22:17
I recently had my tranny rebuilt at Transolution in Missoula, MT. I had to take it back in threee months after install for the same reasons i had to have it rebuilt in the first place. I just got it back last week, and i am aready having problems with it again. If anyone knows of a good ATRA certified shop around Missoula that would perform warranty work, please let me know.

dmaxalliTech
03-21-2003, 19:39
K2500, give me some information please, first, What trans do you have. I assume its a 4L80E being a 2500 series, what problems are you having?

Diesel Freak
03-21-2003, 23:39
K2500, it's not exactly local, but I've had excellent results with Automatic Transmission Service in Billings. Gene and his crew are top notch, they've worked on several of our rigs so far, as well as friends of mine. Always satisfied!

K2500
03-23-2003, 19:14
I have a 4L80E. It was rebuilt because it wasnt going into reverse (sometimes at all) and it would neutralize in 1st and 2nd. They rebuilt the tranny and made some modifications so it could handle the torque (for $2500!!). About two weeks after i got it back, it started to do the same things, so i took it back in, and they overhauled it again, and now it starting to act up again. Its all under warranty for now, but it wont be soon.