PDA

View Full Version : Dually tire size

Diesel Dragon
03-20-2003, 21:38
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if I could fit 225 size tires on my stock or Alcoa Hot Shot rims for my Dually?
How about larger size tires 235, 245, 255? I was wondering if there are any problems with the rear tires rubbing against each other when theres a load on the truck. Any one out there have a dually that they have upgraded the tire size and are having good luck with?
Thx for your help
Diesel Dragon
:confused:

mackin
03-21-2003, 05:29
Diesel Dragon

Whoa......

Shelton CT ???

WAZZZZZUP in the valley ????? tongue.gif

You can see my 235/85 16 in a week or so......They are tight but alot of guys hear are running them without incident....Just have to air them up,no softys.....

A few of us get together at a watering hole,your welcome to quench your thirst and see some trucks.....

Welcome to The Diesel Page.....

MAC :D :D :D

c5dura
03-21-2003, 07:55
I run 235s on stock rims. I hauled a 3600 lbs pallet of tiles in the bed a few weeks ago, and with 80 PSI in the rears, they didn't touch, but just barely.

The pallet just cleared the tailgate, so most of the weight was behind the rear axle, making the load on the axle quite a bit higher than if the pallet had been centered.

Professor
03-21-2003, 08:27
C5dura, I don

thechevyhdman
03-21-2003, 13:04
OH NO MACKIN......We found another drinking partner ....Us CT boys need to have another meet-up again real soon.Tonkater,GMC,Toddster,Red GMC, If things keep going at the rate they've been the past year, Well we will all end up being 12 steppers. Diesel Dragon. Welcome to the site. Bill- Newtown Ct

Diesel Dragon
03-21-2003, 20:53
Thx to everyone for the reply's smile.gif

I think I'll try the Alcoa's and the 235's this summer.

WAZZZZUP Mackin and Chevyhdman nice to see that Chevy diesels fans are alive and well in CT :D :D

I saw the pictures of your truck, looks sweet.
And Hdman's hole shot looks good too :D

Mackin how did you get the combo plates for your truck? Did you register it for a 10,000 lb GVW?
I've got Comm plates now at 11,400 and I'm still debating if I should go back to 10,000 so I can drive on the Merrit. Illegally of course becuse you need a 7600lb or less GVW for that but atleast the combo plates arent as obvious as the comm plates. I was only stopped once in 10 years with my last dually and I got away with a warning ;)

If you guys want to get together for a beer let me know I'll be there.

Then I can see in person some of the customizing you've done to your trucks.

Next item going in is a Spa boost/EGT guage. Still have to figure out where to put the EGT probe.

Talk to you later :cool: Diesel Dragon :cool:

mackin
03-21-2003, 21:13
Diesel Dragon

I registered commercial (11,400) and there just vanity plates....They have the forms at DMV to select what you would like ...They give ya five choices the one that comes up ,not used ya get....I like the heavier weight ,anything over 10,001 GVW you are emission exempt.....

Cost a extra 20 a year I think,or it was that much when I had my last VT tags.....I forget.....

Know any cops ???

;)

They could tell you what's available......

We should be attempting an Olympic event "A fill a side of a Bar with Diesel Heads" soon.......

First off we will get you ADDICATED to "JUICE" Edge style......

My truck,Ya it's a TOILET, but I like it !!!!!!

Thanks.....

MAC :D :D :D

[ 03-21-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>