PDA

View Full Version : trans cooler scope!!

fred
08-01-2002, 17:27
hi, i just got done making a trans cooler scope,it lowers trans temps 20-30 deg.s, its 90-95 here in chicagoland area for the last 3-4 days,before the scope my trans temps were 200-210, now there 170-180 on a snap-on scanner,i also put 2 more on trucks in the area and got the same results,they go on in 5-10 minutes with no holes to drill and their black so nobody see's them,, im going to make these out of fiberglass next week,right now i made 3 prototypes from plexiglass,im finishing up the mold tomorow,, if anybody is interested please e-mail me at zcarrs@aol.com smile.gif

fred
08-01-2002, 18:01
hi, it goes between grill and trans cooler, il have some photos next week,,prototypes are too crude looking,, they will be low priced too,, were going to make running board extensions for tube sides for the beds

GBurton
08-01-2002, 23:58
fred

What is a trans cooler scope? Normally I think of a scope, (short for oscilloscope) as a device that is used to look at electricial signals. How does that lower the temperature of a transmission ?

George

SoCalDMAX
08-02-2002, 01:30
I think he means scoop. I'd like to see pictures.

CSDMAX
08-02-2002, 06:26
Maybe he was trying to say scoupe (scoop) ;) as in similar to a two door?

Hey Billy14,

You shoulda..woulda..coulda but didn't..put a patent on your idea. Now someone will be turning out a product and making a profit ..heeheeheehee. :D

johns
08-02-2002, 07:38
I'd like to see the pictures & price.

Billy14
08-02-2002, 11:20
CSDMAX,

I currently have two patents on recycled scrap metal separating machinery & work with my patent attorneys weekly on numerous other ideas. The first thing I learned was once an invention is made public, you cannot LEGALLY file for patent after the fact.

I chose to design & fabricate my deflector from material that could be duplicated from the drawings I've sent to you & others. Fred chose to make his (if the scoop is a similar device) out of composite material requiring a mold. With few exceptions, this will eliminate most from making the scoop themselves. I can certainly appreciate Fred's desire to sell his product as glass work does require a considerable amount of time & preparation & if done right, would have a much cleaner appearance than the sheetmetal deflector. If he had 50-500 orders, this is not a product you could afford to give away.

I still feel lowering the cooler is the best answer but have not had time to fabricate the brackets needed. :(

Billy

fred
08-02-2002, 16:05
hi, yes i mean scoop,, i tried to lower cooler first(not enough room in lines)i made 1 fiberglass scoop today(just trimed it)im going to ck fit tomorow morning and take photos,its 3-5 layers thick and some foam,,this thing should be done early next week, then il figure a price and packaging

thanks , fred

Raptorrider2001
08-07-2002, 18:12
How is the scoop and the pictures coming along? Would like to see them. Thanks tongue.gif

fred
08-10-2002, 16:51
scoop update!!!!, hi,just got done waxing the 2nd mold for scoops,should have production parts by wed. of next week, sorry to take so long , but i didn't like the first design, i will send pictures as soon as part comes out of mold

thanks , fred

APR2000
08-10-2002, 18:47
Fred,

You're making these scoops out of fiberglass? How much do you plan to sell them for? When you post pictures, please show scoop by itself with reference scale and then on truck.

oneton
08-10-2002, 20:32
Hey guys, I'm looking at some of my old TA parts(76-79) that I have. I have a three inch air intake which are made of plastic. There's even a 3" flex tube that's still available at the dealer. It would be enough to direct air around the bow tie and toward the cooler any way you wanted. All you have to do is find a way to attach it to the grill but it shouldn't be that hard. Check this out: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291507829

I shot this picture to give you an idea of what they look like. This one is for a 80-81 turbo TA and the other is a straight 3" flex. The ones availble now are plastic lined with steel coils.

[ 08-10-2002: Message edited by: oneton ]</p>