PDA

View Full Version : 4WD noise/vibration

Milkman
03-17-2003, 22:04
I havn't been around for a while and I did a search but could not find the answer to my question...

Has anyone been successful in getting their 4WD noise fixed lately? I posted a message on the topic and I have seen two other posts but no fixes described yet. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

Alli-max
03-18-2003, 09:23
The fix is to turn up the radio. :D

I visited the stealership about 18 months ago about this, and they gave the trained answer... "It's within limits".

I am guessing you are referring to the low frequency noise, and you can actually FEEL the vibration throught the go pedal. I really hate it as well, but if you are getting it with your 03, then I guess GM is fine with it. :rolleyes:

Bob E.
03-18-2003, 12:30
Or are you referring to the noise in the transfer case shifter of the floor? This was fixed by greasing the linkage. There were a lot of threads about this; do search on transfer case noise.
Bob

Milkman
03-18-2003, 13:33
Thanks for the replies. Yes Alli-Max you are correct. It is the low frequency noise that almost puts my legs to sleep on those snow/ice filled trips in the winter, which seemed to be more often than not this year!

Keith

[ 03-18-2003: Message edited by: Milkman ]</p>