PDA

View Full Version : slippin'clutch

Big O
07-21-2003, 19:17
I just came back from the Ozarks in Mo/Ark. As soon as I came down a twisting downhill section, I was into an uphill section that was quite steep and long. As I was climbing the grade, I increased the excellerator to keep the RPM's up. For a split second I thought the transmission had dropped into a lower 'passing' gear, then remembered that I did not have the auto. The RPM's had suddenly picked up by several hundred, but the speed was the same. Oh sh!t, the clutch was slipping. There had been no previous indication whatsoever. It did not do it anymore, the rest of the trip.

The dealer tells me today, that it will have to be slipping when they check it BEFORE they can do anything. The problem is I have 31,000 miles, If it does not get worse before 36,000--am I screwed? I thought the whole drive train was covered for 100,000, but they say only the engine. I guess I better get the extended warranty!

MaxRock
07-24-2003, 12:51
Hey Big O,

What's the latest on the slipping clutch? As a fellow ZF owner, I'm interested in what the dealer finds out.

Good Luck

MaxRock