PDA

View Full Version : Trans shift improvers

JD Diesel
06-15-2005, 20:02
Has anybody tried the bully dog shift enhansers? :eek: Seen them on trucks the other day. Do you think it would a goood buy or just hype? :rolleyes:

More Power
06-16-2005, 06:55
Don't know how the BullyDog unit operates, but an electronic device that adjusts clutch apply pressures and TC lockup as a function of load (either throttle angle or boost pressure) would be more desirable than having a trans modified so hydraulic pressures constantly high.

The ATS Co-Pilot does this - in that it uses boost pressure to alter apply pressures and shift quality. And, it'll work with a stock transmission to increase load capacity. smile.gif

MP

xwing
06-19-2005, 04:13
Can ATS CoPilot be used on Suncoast Transmission? I am looking at "cheapest" way to get "best" transmission as mine will flare up on shifts sometimes etc and limit power, and I hate the big defuel on shifts, so Suncoast for tranny looks like first thing, but next is how to stop defuel on shifts, 3rd how to remove 97mph limit on 2001 truck (sounds like Quadzilla DOESN'T remove speed limit ONLY on 2001!)

Why get ATS complete instead of Suncoast (who have 2 year warranty)? Just wondering what the difference is? (This is ALOT of money to spend).
Thanks!!