PDA

View Full Version : EXTENDED WARRANTY PLAN

Jim Cobler
11-14-2003, 14:46
I am considering an extended warranty called MAP which is offered by my dealer. The plan is backed by EFG Companies from Irving, TX. The Plan called Superior Coverage which covers everything except what is listed which is generally appearance items and normal maintenance type items.

The Plan extends 5 years from contract date and 100,000 on the odometer. It includes A/C and most items similiar and costs $1,465.00

Anyone had any experience or knowledge regarding this plans.

Thanks,

SPICER
11-15-2003, 15:06
Do a search under extended warranty in the forums here. I can say that I do not believe in them. These are insurance companies trying to make a profit. Odds are it will not pay to get one. That's just business common sense. For some it may prove to be a "good choice", but for the majority of purchasers they will pay more for the policy than they will gain. Sock the money away in an "emergency funds" account and keep it for when a problem does arise. Just my opinion, SPICER.

sonofagun
11-18-2003, 12:21
Jim,

Give Blake Huddleston a call. He is the Commercial and Fleet Finance Director at Classic Chevrolet in Ft. Worth (and a DP member). He has offered to get us a GM extended warranty for just a bit over his cost. I got one for less than the price you have gotten for the 3rd party deal. You won't lose this one or have any hastles unless GM goes away.

His number is 817-410-1562.

Good luck,
Bob

TXDMAX
11-18-2003, 13:34
I wouldn't touch that policy. I think it is offereb by Enterprise Financial Group. If this is the same company they are a F&I consultant group which sells these policies. I am located in Dallas (used to work at a Chevy store in Irving for 7 yrs) and have never heard of their service policies. My opinion is get GMPP or don't get one at all. I will be happy to give you a quote if you are interested in the GMPP.

Thanks Bob for the reference

Blake

bartman
11-18-2003, 13:52
Get a GMPP and be done with it. People who think extended warranties aren't worth anything must never experience any problems after the warranty runs out. If you can get a GMPP for a little over cost from TXDmax, then do it. If for some reason you don't use it or sell the truck, then you can cancel the policy and get a prorated refund or transfer it to the next buyer. I'm in the car business as well, and the GMPP is the creme'de'la'creme of warranties. One major repair (transmission, PCM) can more than pay for the warranty. You wouldn't go without insurance on your car...so why not spend a little to protect your investment. You won't regret it.

DMaxDave
11-18-2003, 16:17
TXDMAX,
I would love a quote on the GMPP, I have a new 2004GMC HD2500 exstended cab 4x4 Duramax, 2100miles so far am going to wait up to 8000miles or the 7month mark to get all I can of warranty, I want the $200 deductable or maybe $100. my email is davidd499 at ckt.net.
Thanks,
David

DMaxDave
11-18-2003, 16:18
TXDMAX,
forgot to say 6 years or 100,000 miles warranty plan, David

Modified
11-18-2003, 17:55
See this "Extended Warrantee" topic below :
http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005514
I too do not believe in buying this (insurance coverage) just in case I have problems. How do you really know they'll be around when you need them, or know if they'll fight you to not have to pay.
Do you have any modifications on your truck? They may do the same as GM and find reasons not to pay if you have a claim, because you modified your rig.
Personally, I'd hang on to the $1500, and any deductable you'd pay on a claim, and save it for a rainy day, IF that ever even came. Most likely, that day won't come, and you'll be money ahead.

moisheh
11-24-2003, 18:14
Recently one of those extended warranty comapnies went under. There are a lot of unhappy people who paid good money and now they get bupkas!! Stick with the GM policy.

jjackson
11-26-2003, 05:35
TXDMAX, I am interested in talking w/you about an extended warranty. If you have time, and wouldn't mind sending me an email, I'll provide you with what ever info you need to provide a quote. See my sig for email.

Thanks, John

sonofagun
11-26-2003, 08:17
JJ,

Call him at the number I listed above. He may visit this post again he may not.

Bob