PDA

View Full Version : Truck not level

NEW2DMAX
07-20-2003, 12:33
When looking at my truck from the front every thing looks to level from left to right, but when looking at the rear (bed) the truck is not level driverside is lower than passenger. The unlevelness does not matter if I have a full tank or empty tank. I Have measured to the leaf spring brackets (frame) and seems to be ok there any body with the same problem????

tophog
07-23-2003, 08:30
I would be worried if it were level based on how many I've heard about being un-level ...including my own. My DS front was over 1" lower then the PS side. I ended up cranking up the T-bars to level it out. You could probably take it back to dealer and have them level it.

JimWilson
07-30-2003, 10:03
Cranking the tbars does indeed raise the rear of the truck too, but if your front is level then you might tip that in the opposite direction. But it sure couldn't hurt to give it a try.

GMC D-Max
07-30-2003, 10:45
Cranking the torsion bars would lower the back end of the truck slightly. (remember, rear axle is the fulcrum point.)

If the torsion bars were adjusted significantly different (obvious from the front), it could affect the stance at the rear, but if the front measures level from side to side, and the back isn't, there's something else going on. It could be something in the suspension that's in a bind, body mounts not installed properly, or the frame is twisted (very unlikely on the new trucks, but hey, anything's possible these days...).

JimWilson
07-30-2003, 20:32
Originally posted by GMC D-Max:
Cranking the torsion bars would lower the back end of the truck slightly. (remember, rear axle is the fulcrum point.)That's not what happened in my case. The entire DS was lower then the PS, and cranking the tbar on the DS more then the PS definitely raised both the front and rear.