PDA

View Full Version : Cross Bed Aux Tank and Rollcover Together?

wheeler
12-29-2002, 15:46
I'm thrilled, just picked up new '03 Chevy 2500HD shortbox crewcab. Top of my list is new fuel tank for additional capacity. Will be installing the fifth wheel hitch I already own, a PullRite (20K) SuperGlide. PullRite says the install in the Chevy requires additional support of cross beams under the bed "just behind the stock fuel tank."

Had long intended to install the Transfer Flow 45 gal. midship replacement tank; but in searching this forum I read your posts about the Transfer Flow 45 gal. tank getting its greater capacity from additional length towards the rear, right? Sounds like the SuperGlide and the midship replacement tank may be mutually incompatible.

Been very happy with it and am committed to the SuperGlide hitch.... so in order to gain more fuel capacity I may be compelled to go with across the bed type tank. Other than the loss of bed space, is there any disadvantage to across the bed tanks?

Finally I really want to install a RollnLock or Retrax rolling bed cover. If you're using a fifth wheel hitch and get the across the bed tank there's no room to install the rolling bed cover, right? Would appreciate your suggestions. Thanks! --wheeler

AKDmax
12-29-2002, 16:01
This is the only option other than the midship replacement that I know of. http://www.tourbuddy.com/gmtruck.shtml
You may be able to have a tank company custom build for you. Please keep us posted if you find a tank that's compatible with a Retrax style cover

zrone
12-30-2002, 15:32
I had Highway products build me a toolbox that fit under the roll top cover so I could use all the space available. I'm sure there are tank companies out there that can do the same thing. http://www.800toolbox.com/

jbplock
12-31-2002, 10:15
Go with the ReTrax Roll top ... it's excellent! Got mine from JK… search the forum for more info.

Turbo Al
12-31-2002, 10:32
Hi: just going to move this thread over to the 2500/3500 Accessories forum.
Happy holidays