PDA

View Full Version : kbrowns & RVGuy - Slamming Alli & Idle Surge

Billy14
07-19-2003, 12:03
kbrowns,

I've had the idle surge for about a week now. Don't know exactly what you mean by surge, but mine goes up & down continuously probobly varying by 100 rpm or so. Barely notice a fluctuation on the tach but can hear a definite change in rpm anywhere in & around the truck. This engine is also considerably LOUDER than 3 other Dmaxes I've been around.
Taking it in to dealer Monday. Service Mgr. says a few others have come in with the same problem. Fix has been either injectors, pump, or both.

I will let all know.

RVGuy,

My truck has the exact shift problems you described but only with the Hot......any level, normal OR tow/haul. Mackin says it could be because I started out in level 4 learning the Alli hard, rather than working up slowly from level 1. Once done, no going back or fix. :eek:

Billy14
07-23-2003, 01:19
Picked up my truck today & was told all was well with NO MORE idle surge & noisy injectors. All problems solved with a new fuel filter they said was full of water. smile.gif

Wow! They were right, but only for about an hour. :mad: Back again tamale without a happy face, but I told you so! :D

Billy

kbrowns
07-23-2003, 07:57
Billy 14,

my father-in-law got his pickup back and they did all the relevant updates and no surging or Tranny slam for the last week and a half. So we'll see if it continues to hold. Sorry the "fix" wasn't the "fix". Hope they get your problems straightened out.

Billy14
07-30-2003, 10:02
Idle surge fixed.

#1 & 5 injectors replaced

Billy