PDA

View Full Version : Hey, BUCKMAN

Gobbler
07-26-2002, 06:01
Buckman... Any luck in tracing down the Allison that was exchanged from my truck early in June? Sure would be interested in learning what was wrong with it. ;)

Buckman
07-29-2002, 14:52
Gobbler....As a matter of fact, I have had some luck in finding the unit. My mole informs me that the unit was received and started thru the evaluation process on 7/25. The unit is undergoing in-depth analysis to determine the primary source of the reported leak. If I hear anything further, I'll keep you posted.

Have a great day!!! :D

Gobbler
07-30-2002, 04:56
Thanks Buckman. Replacement appears to be working well at this point...about 3,000 on it with no heavy tows yet.

Buckman
08-22-2002, 13:56
Gobbler,

Finally got some feedback regarding the transmission. I'm told that the initial testing of the unit produced no results (read leak). The trans was disassembled and the converter housing sent on for further testing of which the outcome was still negative. My best guess would be that the housing likely had a porosity problem that was not present until the transmission got well into the operating heat range. Sorry I couldn't do any better.

By the way, is your replacement transmission doing well? Have a great day!!! smile.gif

Gobbler
10-27-2002, 05:53
Buckman... Thanks for the update. I apoligize for being so tardy with this response but, somehow, I did not see your response until today. The new trans now has just over 8,000 on it with no indication of any problem. Everything is running smoothly. Thanks again!