PDA

View Full Version : Are dealer inspections required?

Jim Cobler
07-18-2003, 17:31
One of the GM web sites refers to 6 month and annual inspections. Does anyone know about what they cost? Are they required to maintain warranty status?

Thanks,

mackin
07-18-2003, 20:19
It's prolly a dealer suggestion,as good maintance .... Referance to warranty is bogus ... Never heard of such a deal ...

Mac :rolleyes:

dmaxalliTech
07-18-2003, 20:34
Originally posted by Jim Cobler:
One of the GM web sites refers to 6 month and annual inspections. Does anyone know about what they cost? Are they required to maintain warranty status?

Thanks, Jim, could you post or email me a link to that, I would like to see it.

Eric

mtomac
07-19-2003, 07:49
I don't think a dealer can make you come in for an inspection but I know Eric doesn't mind a juice induced neck snapping "test drive" every once in awhile.

Jim Cobler
07-19-2003, 09:05
https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gmc/vehpage?vehid=326784

This is the GM web site for my truck which indicates the inspections are past due. Please keep in mind GM has no idea what service has been done to my truck unless I do it at a GM location.

There are no threats on this site just a delinquency notice which I think is a mild form of pressure to use there service.

By the way, my local dealer wanted $65.00 for an oil change and since they will do my OLDS for $19.95, I think that is a bit high.

Turbo Al
07-19-2003, 10:50
I have received so many "past due" inspection, oil change & about any service you can think of notices that I am thinking of publishing a book. All from a dealer that can't fix an malfuntioning idiot light.

dmaxalliTech
07-19-2003, 20:09
Originally posted by Micheal Tomac:
I don't think a dealer can make you come in for an inspection but I know Eric doesn't mind a juice induced neck snapping "test drive" every once in awhile. You got that right, I am thinking a TST induced neck snappin is comming pretty soon!! Sorry I havent gotten back with you regarding lift pump stuff, I have been so busy, had to work today! (sat) We will get that done, I promise!!

Jim, cant get into site, but your right, just a advertising thing. How much do they charge for it and what does it say they will do?

$65.00 for oil change is a little steep, we are $45.00 for D-max dino change.

Mac is right, not gonna harm your warrenty at all