PDA

View Full Version : differences between 03 and 04 models ...

Rainer
07-18-2003, 03:28
Hello, my name is Rainer, I am from Germany and this is my first Topic set up in this forum. A big "Hello" to all of you.

I am going to buy a GMC 2500HD Duramax short bed at my local GM dealer in Germany. I will order my Diesel-truck within the next two weeks. As being completely new to the Duramax-society I need your help with the following question: Would you prefer a 2003 or 2004 model ? What are the differences in detail ? Although I surfed through the entire internet I could not get any detailed information about cosmetic lineups or other details. Maybe there are none at all.

Many thanks in advance and the best wishes from german a GMC-fan.

Best,

Rainer

mfontana
07-20-2003, 19:03
Welcome Rainer! Your request may be a little premature but, I'm sure when those details are available, "The Diesel Page" will be the place to read them first.

sonofagun
07-22-2003, 11:59
Rainer,

Welcome. In the U.S. you would likely get a better price on a 2003 than a 2004, not sure about Germany. Remember that next year you'll have a new truck or one that is 1 year old already. Not a big deal unless you plan to sell and upgrade in the next few years.

The details on the 2004 models should start showing up at the end of this month. I wouldn't expect too many changes. I hear the hood line may change a bit on the 2004 but nothing confirmed yet.

Good luck,
Bob

Max Power
07-22-2003, 12:16
Have you considered importing one from the US or Canada? I bet you could save yourself tons of money. I will sell you my 03 :D Only 5,000 kilometers ;)