PDA

View Full Version : In cab filter

rcarbs
07-15-2003, 22:55
I was driving through one of our dust storms that we get here in AZ, wishing that GM had kept the filter in the A/C duct in the '03s :( . Has anyone attempted to put one in? If so, how? I have heard that the ducts are the same as the '02s only without the access port. If that was the case I could put my own port in and install filters. Any suggestions?

ACCRASH
07-17-2003, 15:04
It's true. The housing is the same, just no access cut into the case. You have to cut the access hole yourself with a Dremel tool or something similar and put a cover over it. The original covers that came on 01-02 models will still fit and are available from the dealer. No idea about part number or cost, but shouldn't be more than a few dollars. Get the cover first, then install it before cutting the access hole. This will show you exactly where to put you cut lines. By the way, your hvac system uses 2 filters side by side in the housing.

Jeep Puller
07-17-2003, 22:10
Does anyone happen to know (or have access to) the part number for this access cover? Has anyone here done this retrofit so far?
TIA