PDA

View Full Version : Mirror help

DURA-MAX3
07-23-2002, 15:08
Can anyone help me with this, i have a 2500 hd d/a and i have the regular side mirrors on it. Is there any kind of mirror that will fit aver the existing mirror to allow me to see along side the 8.5 wide motorcycle trailer i just got. I have seen some trucks with extension things on them but don't know if they are any good or not. Thanks in advance.

01_Duramax_Dually
07-23-2002, 15:41
Dura-Max3,
There are many companies out there that make mirror extensions. I would check with any camper supply store they will be your best source short of a Google.com web search

There are also companies that make the entire mirror. I have the Lucerix units and they work GREAT!

Good Luck

DmaxMaverick
07-23-2002, 16:38
DURA-MAX3

I use the CIPA slip on mirrors. They are not the "strap ons" that you may have seen, which, IMO, are crap. I had the strap ons before, and the CIPA's were the answer before going to Lucerix replacements.

They slip over the front of the OEM mirrors, covering them completely (nice..no bugs on the chrome), and don't look too bad. I like my OEM regular mirrors and don't want to change to aftermarkets. They are easy to use and don't vibrate any more than the OEM's.

DURA-MAX3
07-24-2002, 11:59
Hey DMAXMAVERICK who makes the mirrors you are talking about and how much are they and where did you get them. Just wondering also if they scratch the stock mirrors up when you use them. Thanks...

DmaxMaverick
07-24-2002, 14:54
DURA-MAX3

CIPA is the brand name. You can order them at just about any internet RV store and most RV dealers have them in stock or can order them. They cost me about $40 for the pair. If you buy them at a dealer, you may be able to talk down the price from the $35 each retail. They are sold individually.

They do not scratch the OEM mirrors. The plastic they are made of is similar to the black plastic (in appearance and texture) on the OEM's. They come with padding to prevent scratching to the chrome.

If you do get them, be sure to follow the instructions the first time you install them. It is easy (takes about 30 seconds each side) but there is a trick to it.

DURA-MAX3
07-25-2002, 13:22
Thanks DMAXMAVERICK i will check at the local rv retailer. Have a good day...

TXMAX
07-25-2002, 17:56
Dura-MAX3,

I see you are in Runaway Bay (a suburb of Bridgeport). You can buy the slip-ons at United RV on 121 (the airport freeway) just West of downtown Ft Worth. United is on the South side of 121. I bought mine there after trying a different type they had (also by Cipa) but they vibrated too much so they let me exchange them. Sorry, I don't remeber the price but they were in the 35-40 range.

Later,

Abe

Joe Pool
07-26-2002, 01:44
DURA-MAX3,

The CIPA slip on towing mirror extension part numbers are: #10801 Driver Side 2500HD 2001-2002 and #10802 Passenger Side 2500HD 2001-2002. They fit the power and the power/heated factory mirrors.

They work fairly well and don't require any modification to your stock mirrors.

Hope this helps you.

Joe smile.gif