PDA

View Full Version : My New Flywheel

MaxACL
07-12-2003, 15:53
As a recap from my other post... AAMCO replaced my Dual mass Flywheel, P Plate, disk, etc. cause GM said the flywheel was NOT covered under warranty.

Any How... I now have a shudder when I take off from a standstill, much like a worn clutch. I saw the old assy on their bench when I picked up my beast and saw it was in a good condition.

So what causes the shudder? And the pedal is awfully hard after driving a while.I have put on about 5k miles on the new assy (total of 63k now) but have not towed yet.

Any suggestions?

Oh yes... It is possessed by some kind of daemon. When I try to slowly drive thru a parking lot it will begin to lurch and buck terribly. All I can do is push in the clutch and then it makes a noise like I just caught center drag on something.

Help... Please

Mike

srubrn
07-13-2003, 14:44
I got the new flywheel too and I had a shudder for a little while with the new one. I also have a harder clutch. Anyway it didn't fix anything. As I said before I am goingto change the brake fluid and see if that fixes it.

crafty
07-14-2003, 06:54
When my flywheel was replaced last summer all they did was the flywheel (as far as i know) and I had no other troubles after that. The clutch was the same and it towed the same. I don't even have the hard clutch after hightway travel. :D :D :D

HotShot
07-16-2003, 20:22
Hi Mike,

Time to go back, most of the new clutches I've seen that shudder were disk problems. There are a few other possible causes but thats what warranty is for.

Did they get the clutch from GM or aftermarket? I just had mine replaced today, dual mass failed but disk was in pretty decent shape yet. Couldn't even get an aftermarket clutch up here, couple places had listings but no parts yet.

Have you put your truck to work yet or you having to much fun in that flying gas can? smile.gif